Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking all along that Aguero should be brought back slowly and eased in for a few minutes at the end of a match.
I've changed my mind and reckon he should start against Southampton
The missed chances are killing us.
That "header" by Sterling and the amount of missed tap ins needs to be remedied.
God I forgot about the pathetic header as I can’t get the 6 yard chance out of my head

Cancelo.Dias.Stones.Laporte
...............Rodri............
.......Gundo------Bernardo....
Jesus.......Torres.......Foden

We need to win this. And hopefully with a decent performance. Last 2/3 games we haven't been at our scintillating best. Yesterday out of those games was our worst collective performance. KDB set the tone with his very big handful of very poor passes. He couldn't even make a 10 yard pass at one point. I think that played with him mentally for the duration of the game.

Dropping points here puts a huge amount of pressure to beat Fulham.

I'm not even going to attempt to pick a scoreline for this. One positive is I don't think the rags are going to get maximum points out of their last 10. So that may give us more breathing space. Hopefully we will do it without hoping them lot get beat.

I think he needs to double down and play Kev and Sterling again. We need them both in form for the remainder of the season and the only way that's going to happen to is to keep them playing.

Try Raz on the right so he's more comfortable finishing. Bring Foden and Bernardo in for some extra legs. Maybe even start Aguero and see if he can get going too.

Ederson

Cancelo
Laporte
Dias
Zinchenko

KDB
Fernandinho
Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Foden

With Jesus, Mahrez and Gundogan on the bench if we need a goal or Walker, Stones and Rodri as options to sure things up.

I think he needs to double down and play Kev and Sterling again. We need them both in form for the remainder of the season and the only way that's going to happen to is to keep them playing.

I certainly hope he doesn't do that. Both have been off their games for quite some time now. They should earn their way back into the starting line-up from the bench.

It's important that we bounce back from this disappointment and, to me, that means playing our strongest and most in form team.

Saints have two of their best players out Romeu and Ings both missing Wednesday.

I hope the players and manager are hurting as much as we are after yesterday's performance, Let's show that yesterday was a bad day at the office and stamp our authority on the game from the first whistle.

Got to win this one to take the sting of yesterday away. In hindsight, leaving out Foden and Bernardo was a huge mistake for the derby. I trust Pep won't make the same mistake again.

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Stones
Zinchenko
Rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan
Foden
Agüero
Sterling

Goals are the big issue right now. How we've played lately has been a far cry from the days of Sterling, Sané and Agüero tearing it up. Starting Foden is surely one way to resolve this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.