Southampton (H) - Sat 18 Sep 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to talking about actual football again, instead of the tiresome discourse about crowds, media etc. Normally a bit of a pessimist, but we’re on a roll at the moment so think we’ll get another good win. Just hoping Guardiola doesn’t drop any more bombs in his post-match interview.
You call that a bomb? He strayed onto Man Utd fan territory but so what? Are City fans so inept that they can't handle a bit of banter? It certainly didn't warrant the intervention of the OSC. His job is to get the max out of the team and part of that is getting rid of the complacency in our fanbase where we just wait for the goals to flow.

Looking forward to talking about actual football again, instead of the tiresome discourse about crowds, media etc. Normally a bit of a pessimist, but we’re on a roll at the moment so think we’ll get another good win. Just hoping Guardiola doesn’t drop any more bombs in his post-match interview.
Like what?

Pep won't make any rash decisions based on a few thousand missing fans for 1 game and the comments of 1 'fan'

He will have seen the support at Leicester... they're the real fans

You call that a bomb? He strayed onto Man Utd fan territory but so what? Are City fans so inept that they can't handle a bit of banter? It certainly didn't warrant the intervention of the OSC. His job is to get the max out of the team and part of that is getting rid of the complacency in our fanbase where we just wait for the goals to flow.

We can take banter but it shouldn't be banter that was ignited from our manager. We have to virtually defend everything about our club and it's not helpful when our manager explicitly states 'I wish more fans to come please'. Our home attendance has been very good this season as has the support so it was a total gaffe on his part and we have to constantly hear more attacks on our club.

Like what?

Pep won't make any rash decisions based on a few thousand missing fans for 1 game and the comments of 1 'fan'

He will have seen the support at Leicester... they're the real fans

I wasn’t at Leicester or there on Wednesday, am I not a real fan?

We can take banter but it shouldn't be banter that was ignited from our manager. We have to virtually defend everything about our club and it's not helpful when our manager explicitly states 'I wish more fans to come please'. Our home attendance has been very good this season as has the support so it was a total gaffe on his part and we have to constantly hear more attacks on our club.
The gaffe came from someone else. Pep wants a full house v Southampton and so do I, and a crowd that gets behind the players. If we win the 3 points crushes any flak. That is what matters.

The gaffe came from someone else. Pep wants a full house v Southampton and so do I, and a crowd that gets behind the players. If we win the 3 points crushes any flak. That is what matters.

Were we not going to get that anyway?

But what makes him think he needs to say it as if our previous two home games in the PL haven't been well attended? When he says these things in public he has to be aware of what the reaction will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.