Southampton post match thread

Pellegrini is useless but is nearly gone, it's not as bad as people think for next year.

We have lots of top class players and a good solid spine - Hart, VK, Ferna, Serg, KDB.

The one thing we are badly lacking is coaching, is evident in every game. Even The clowns at centre half I am convinced will look a whole lot better with some coaching.

At present we look as though we have no game plan or a style of play. Pep will implement his style early on and add a few players of the right age and quality and all will be good. The main thing he will do is the let the players know that 2nd best isn't good enough.

At the minute we are to soft centered and 2nd best appears to be acceptable which at this level is absolutely not. At the very least he will have us competitive in every game.

The squad is still excellent. As much as we go into meltdown about players not caring or trying or whatever it's happened too many times this season with too many different combination of players for it to be 'just a player problem'. It's a preparation problem, it's a set up problem and it's a coaching problem.

When Yaya is in the team he is to blame. Except he wasn't today. Nasri is out for months and his omission has cost us dear. Except today he was back. Sergio is a big miss except we have been turned over just as badly when he or KDB is in the team. Players will always be missing through injury and players will dip in and out of form but there is a constant and that is our set up, preparation and mentality this season has been very poor in the league.

L

not that keen on Guardiola are you ? Can you tell me why ?

Where did I say that ?

What i said is fans are expecting too much of him in the time he will be here.

He will be hampered by some of the complete wank his best mate has bought that already works here. Some think we only need to click our fingers to rid ourselves of some of the shit he's sanctioned to play for the club.

There are plenty on here who think we will win the PL,CL and the fucking grand national as soon as he arrives.

The reality is some what different .

If we can't contain Southampton just imagine what Athletico would do to us should by some miracle we get through on Wednesday

My overriding feeling having watched that, is that we are dogshit. Absolute dogshit.

I am not throwing my toys out of the pram and saying it can never be put right, it can. A new manager and the dross cleared out, a few new players, and we can be great again.

But right now, we are shit. There's no other word for it. We play lazy, predictable, careless, sloppy, unattractive, error-riddled football. We are, in a word, rubbish.

My overriding feeling having watched that, is that we are dogshit. Absolute dogshit.

I am not throwing my toys out of the pram and saying it can never be put right, it can. A new manager and the dross cleared out, a few new players, and we can be great again.

But right now, we are shit. There's no other word for it. We play lazy, predictable, careless, sloppy, unattractive, error-riddled football. We are, in a word, rubbish.

And yet Champions League semi-finalists

What's the record defeat in a final???!! Just out of interest .....

I honestly can't see us making Top 4 based on that performance.

We could have had it wrapped up.

No way will we beat both Arsenal & Swansea, in my opinion, based on that today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.