Southampton post match thread

No. I'm kind of holistic and believe Pell is part of the team, as is Txiki and the players and others. We win together and we lose together. Our demise this season, is not down to one person alone IMO. Sorry if you and others disagree
I'd happily lay some blame at txixi's feet. His signings in the main have been awful but mp has not improved a single player in his time here and that is damning.

We have played 30 odd league games and countless cup games, add in 60 games from last season, so in over 120 games please enlighten me how many of these we have played to or exceeded our capabilities, then come back with a cleaver description of the noun norm, because if you think we normally play well then you must be watching a different game
But you're saying today was the norm. Football is a result driven business and, in the PL, he's won 63% of every game he has taken charge of. That suggests that today was not 'the norm'. I'm not trying to defend him but the criticism is sometimes a tad excessive and if you think that the Messiah is taking over, come June, you're in for a big surprise. Obviously if he's allowed to buy Pogba, Gundogan. Laporte etc he will have a much better chance but to lay the blame solely at Pellegrinis door is a bit rich. These players are, in the main, the ones that stabbed Mancini in the back and are doing the same to MP and yet you just complain about losing 4-2 at Southampton as 'the norm'? Maybe you're right, then again....

How many more times does a "manager" have to play players who continue to let down themselves their club and their supporters? Its not rocket science just play the vids to them 2morow at training and ask them to explain why they deserve to be anywhere near the first team for the remainder of the season? Kolorov has a lack of desire to get back each time he goes forward sterling wont put anything near a challange in just in case it dirty's his poncy new boots and the likes of delph and bony just wont put the yards in to close down space on any occasion.We have on wednesday a huge game...bust a gut and prove u deserve a start in it...or sod that i'll pick up my cash anyways because idiot manager will be picking me again before long anyways. Like many others on here cant wait to see the back of pellegrini...10 defeats this season after spending best part of £120m....sheer lack of urgency and desire too many times this season...diaz roberts garcia barker all should have had there chance in matches this season.Theres a sign on the inside of our new acadamy which reads hard work beats talent if talent isnt prepared to work hard....empty words for a team which should be forced into paying back ticketprice and travel today!

We have a collection of overpaid dross but what they really lack is 'character'. The lack of leaders amongst the players reflects the lack of leadership itself from the incoherent pillock of a Manager to the DoF who pays over the odds for average players. McManaman had ability but no character .I hated him -now we have a squad littered with players of that ilk.

Well said Nelly. That's exactly what gets the backs up of the fans. In modern football we have a squad of talented footballers. IF they wanted to; IF they had the incentive, this team today could have turned out a performance. Trouble is; they have the money, the nice cars, the trophy girlfriend/wife and a handsome lifestyle. What they don't have is a PASSION for the club - it's just a job. There is no Pride in Battle for this lot. That together with a manager who is halfway out the revolving door. The fans are the only ones who feel the real disappointment and have to put up with the shit comments from their workmates. We're mugs who are hopelessly addicted to the shirt and come back every game expecting some commitment to the cause.

The mods are fine, like I say match day can be somewhat stressful, had the best rare roast beef and a few glasses of wine pre match, it does chill you out, but never take things to seriously on here, tempers get frayed, think it's easier to temper your comments when your likely to be sat having a chat with other posters at times
Mmm. The posts are their anyhow. Glad you enjoyed your lunch. Don't forget to vote for that young lad Charlie btw. That chills me out knowing I'm helping to get a young fan to the Champions league final ;-)

He was sacked because pep became avail. No other reason

You actually believe if we scrape into the top 4 and win a League Cup , he would have been retained by the club ? Simeone , Mourinho , Ancelloti , Pochetino would all ahve been approached just after xmas , he was a dead man walking with the inept league performances this season.

MP made the right decision today , we have potentially got the biggest game in our history on Wednesday (excluding Gillingham) , and he rested players , because if we will still have a chance to qualify for the top 4 , if it went t*ts up at Souhtampton. But it is a sad reflection on his management skills that he can select eleven players and watch them play so poorly , with no passion or concern for the football club , he sat on the sidelines today and accepted the inevitable , it was insult to the travelling supporters and every blue who witnessed that horror show.

But you're saying today was the norm. Football is a result driven business and, in the PL, he's won 63% of every game he has taken charge of. That suggests that today was not 'the norm'. I'm not trying to defend him but the criticism is sometimes a tad excessive and if you think that the Messiah is taking over, come June, you're in for a big surprise. Obviously if he's allowed to buy Pogba, Gundogan. Laporte etc he will have a much better chance but to lay the blame solely at Pellegrinis door is a bit rich. These players are, in the main, the ones that stabbed Mancini in the back and are doing the same to MP and yet you just complain about losing 4-2 at Southampton as 'the norm'? Maybe you're right, then again....

Your view of football is too simplistic I'm afraid. Win percentage is a very flawed way at looking at football, do you think we have performed to our potential over his tenure often?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.