Southampton post match thread

What I do know is he won't have asked them to not run, pass, head, score from 6 yards etc etc.

The manager and the players, collectively let fans, the club and themselves down yesterday.

Meh. To be honest with the CL semi on Wednesday I didn't really think anyone would be risking too much in yesterday's match. So yeah we let ourselves down but it's not exactly the first time this season and it happens when we have all our major players on the pitch. Our campaign overall in the PL has been shockingly managed but yesterday was by no means the worse of it.

Real Madrid had an early kick of on saturday and with title on the line for them they still rested 3 of their back 4 in an away game and kroos in midfield.They dont win the Cl no big deal but for us as a club it will be the elephant in the room unless we win it. We have a great chance to make it to the finals so pellers was totally justified with his selection. We shuld be giving ourselves best chance by having fresh 11 for madrid and so he did. Blame rest on players yesterday who choose to remain passengers except kelachi

Secondly what was there to gain for us yesterday other than consolidating top 4 spot? Madrid have a title to fight for and yet rested major players even though they were playing a day early. We can go back to 3rd if we beat arsenal at home and united wont have it easy with none of their games so top 4 is safe.

Peller made the right choice by prioritizing the CL match. I can't fault that.
Kelechi played like a top PL footballer. The rest of the City team, everyone of them on the field, performed poorly for supposedly a top PL club squad team. No ifs or buts or exceptions.

Meh. To be honest with the CL semi on Wednesday I didn't really think anyone would be risking too much in yesterday's match. So yeah we let ourselves down but it's not exactly the first time this season and it happens when we have all our major players on the pitch. Our campaign overall in the PL has been shockingly managed but yesterday was by no means the worse of it.

Cant disagree with that mate.

I will also add something now that will really stick in the craw for many but our situation of not going for the league, rather a top 4 slot and the CL campaign ongoing means that professional sports teams do target certain games as must win and others as meh, much like yesterday and once the result from the rags filtered through, our 4 point gap and GD meant it really was a game we didn't have to target.

The top 4 slot is still very much in our hands and they will be very confident of getting it.

Rugby League is a prime example of professional sports teams that virtually throw a game or 2 every season to rest players knowing they should still get their main aim come the end of the season and football is no different.

I dont like it as a fan and for those spending small fortunes yesterday getting down there its a disgrace but imo, its the reality.

What I do know is he won't have asked them to not run, pass, head, score from 6 yards etc etc.

The manager and the players, collectively let fans, the club and themselves down yesterday.

My only arguement with the manager was putting on Demi (who retires in 2 ganes time) instead of a youngster but the starting 11, on paper, would walk into most Prem sides. The manager cannot do anything about individuals who cannot be arse to put a shift in. Nacho and Hart aside did anyone perform ? I would say not. It is the players that should shoulder the blame, not MP.

Real Madrid had an early kick of on saturday and with title on the line for them they still rested 3 of their back 4 in an away game and kroos in midfield.They dont win the Cl no big deal but for us as a club it will be the elephant in the room unless we win it. We have a great chance to make it to the finals so pellers was totally justified with his selection. We shuld be giving ourselves best chance by having fresh 11 for madrid and so he did. Blame rest on players yesterday who choose to remain passengers except kelachi

Secondly what was there to gain for us yesterday other than consolidating top 4 spot? Madrid have a title to fight for and yet rested major players even though they were playing a day early. We can go back to 3rd if we beat arsenal at home and united wont have it easy with none of their games so top 4 is safe.
Consolidating? I wish.

My only arguement with the manager was putting on Demi (who retires in 2 ganes time) instead of a youngster but the starting 11, on paper, would walk into most Prem sides. The manager cannot do anything about individuals who cannot be arse to put a shift in. Nacho and Hart aside did anyone perform ? I would say not. It is the players that should shoulder the blame, not MP.

Cant argue with any of that mate.

The motivation yesterday is you are playing for a place on Wednesday and or a place in Pep's plans yet they put in a performance like that which tells you the vast majority know now they are getting neither.

The club is at a cross roads like it or not and yesterday and many performances like it this season are a direct result of it.

I'm not asking that you don't criticise as you see fit,however,I am requesting that the language used is civil and constructive.

Just out of interest, which part of the Code of Conduct says we have to be respectful to the manager and can only pass civil and constructive judgement on that position?

Totally agree all this resting players in fear of injury is insane at this time of the season. Play every game with the same importance as the next with few changes.
Deal with problems when they happen

Exactly, THAT is what you need your "squad players" for, to come in when a key player is injured, suspended or out of form, not to play instead of your key players just so they 'll never pick up an injury. That's the world upside down!

And this whole resting argument is ridiculous. The word "knackered" is used a lot around here. A professional football player who is still "knackered" on Wednesday because he played a game on Sunday, is not a professional football player. That's a Sunday leaguer with a belly and a hangover.

Always play your best possible team, the more matches they can play together, the better they will connect. This whole rotation strategy play a big, big part in City's inconsistent season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.