Southampton Post Match Thread

Can I just say how good Bernardo was tonight for his cameo. For the first time he looked fully up to the speed of the Prem. I think he needs to start against West Ham in the centre. In fact I'd start with Bernardo and David in central mid before briging on Foden in the second half for David and playing the second half pairing on Wednesday in the Ukraine.

hmm I didnt feel this way. He looked a touch slow and when he had the ball just passed it to a teammate. For a dribbler of his calibre, I would expect more, but yeah maybe next season :)

I don't know if this has been posted already but to those who regularly watch the tunnel cam, here's what the Southampton players were laughing at:

:)

Otamendi "limited" ? Compared to who ? Don't you see him and Stones as compliments to one another ? Each has qualities that the other doesn't. I wouldn't want 2 Stones or 2 Otamendi's but as a partnership they work really well together (look back at who started the move for KDB's goal v Chelsea this season - yes none other than Otamendi with an incisive 25 yard pass to Kev). When all 3 CBs are fit it will be Stones and Otamendi who will start in the big games.

Compared to Kompany at his best & now Stones as well.

Otamendi & Stones have been an excellent partnership. I would call them the No1 now. But, have a look at that Southampton player, knock the ball ten yards & run past him without a challenge, behind our defence. That's one of his limitations being exposed.

We are doing brilliantly & he is doing brilliantly, to stop that kind of thing happening, but it's still there & something we have to deal with, each game, to stop it becoming a weakness. It's going fine right now. Doesn't mean someone won't find a way of playing which exploits it & we have to rethink.

If we want to be stronger in the future, we would try to find somebody quicker & preferably bigger to cover that situation.

If that's not possible, we stick with it & try to keep to the same level. But we should be looking for improvement,as we go along, wherever possible.

In case you haven't seen it, Nathan Redmonds statement on what Pep said to him after the game.....

I've just seen this story and felt I had to say something and clear a few things that are floating around right now. I want to make it absolutely clear that the Man City Manager, Pep Guardiola did not say what The Sun is falsely claiming in this story. Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me. He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season. I told him I was doing what my Manager had asked me to do in the game. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that's what makes him one of the best Manager's in world football. Losing the game the way we did in the last kick of the game after working so hard for 90+ minutes I was very disappointment but when one of the worlds best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen. Sadly this story is an example of lazy journalism and is a complete joke. It does no favours to the sports journalists in the game that I like, happily work with and genuinely respect. The focus for me now is regrouping with the Saints ready for a big performance this Sunday in the v Bournemouth.

In case you haven't seen it, Nathan Redmonds statement on what Pep said to him after the game.....

I've just seen this story and felt I had to say something and clear a few things that are floating around right now. I want to make it absolutely clear that the Man City Manager, Pep Guardiola did not say what The Sun is falsely claiming in this story. Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me. He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season. I told him I was doing what my Manager had asked me to do in the game. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that's what makes him one of the best Manager's in world football. Losing the game the way we did in the last kick of the game after working so hard for 90+ minutes I was very disappointment but when one of the worlds best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen. Sadly this story is an example of lazy journalism and is a complete joke. It does no favours to the sports journalists in the game that I like, happily work with and genuinely respect. The focus for me now is regrouping with the Saints ready for a big performance this Sunday in the v Bournemouth.

In other words yep Pep just let me know when you want me :)

The RDAHMeedya are all guns firing via the FArce for a Pep ban. Lukaku gets nowt for kicking someone's 'lads', Conte is asked to dig down the sofa for a few shekels of a fine. It'll be a touchline ban till the end of the January window for Pep, despite Nathan R telling the world that it was all positive. Mind, i wouldn't put it past the Farce to ban him for advising opposition players subject to Section 94 Para 94 Subsection 94 (which was hastily written as the teams were walking back down the tunnel after the match.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.