Southampton v City- Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw, Clyne, and Ramirez carrying injuries for the Saints, anyone know if they're due back for the game? Ramirez's absence would be good for us.

LoveCity said:
Shaw, Clyne, and Ramirez carrying injuries for the Saints, anyone know if they're due back for the game? Ramirez's absence would be good for us.
From Saints official web-site

A number of Saints stars have been representing their nations this week, but three of those due to be away, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, and Gaston Ramirez, were all withdrawn after picking up knocks. All three will be assessed prior to the weekend’s game.

José Fonte and Guly remain out, but striker Emmanuel Mayuka has returned from African Cup of Nations duty, and could be welcomed back into the squad.
We'll do very well to win this game. I don't think we will. Very impressed with Saints

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:

A number of Saints stars have been representing their nations this week, but three of those due to be away, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, and Gaston Ramirez, were all withdrawn after picking up knocks. All three will be assessed prior to the weekend’s game.

José Fonte and Guly remain out, but striker Emmanuel Mayuka has returned from African Cup of Nations duty, and could be welcomed back into the squad.
We'll do very well to win this game. I don't think we will. Very impressed with Saints
We have to expect to win this game. I'm not looking down on Southampton or anything, but we should be able to beat them, can't except draws and losses against these sides.

Fail to win and the the title is going back to United.

Hart

Zaba
Nastasic
Lescott
Clichy

Barry
Yaya

Milner
Tevez
Aguero
Silva

Type of game for Tevez imo Southampton wont sit back like QPR.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Fail to win and the the title is going back to United.

Hart

Zaba
Nastasic
Lescott
Clichy

Barry
Yaya

Milner
Tevez
Aguero
Silva

Type of game for Tevez imo Southampton wont sit back like QPR.
probably what I would pick. although Dzeko in place of Tevez perhaps. Kompany might be back.

Southampton will be pressing high up the pitch, like it or not we're going to end up playing a fair few long balls i think, Dzeko is a must for me.

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:

Sounds like they rested there only 3 international players. Good team but if vinny and yaya are back we should have no problem and another plus is they will attack which suits us well.

I am confident that we will take all 3 from this game. We are still smarting from the dippers draw and I think a number of our lads to want reaffirm their quality. I reckon Bobby may change his tactics in hope that we will be less predictable.

Add this to the way the Saints play and I think it will be a cracking game. They will be no slouches but I think our class will prevail. 1-3 I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.