Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Having recently come out of a coma,and watching my first game for years I see Alan Ball is still the manager,and nowt has improved.

Next season we exact our revenge on both Southampton and Everton.
A few Cavani hat-tricks, with Fellaini netting a couple against his old club too.

Perspective, people.

Yes - that was a dreadful performance. Southampton had a game plan to hurry and harass us and it worked well. Saints play well, we do not. Result is an inevitability.

Yes - it pretty much means the end of our campaign to retain the title. This is bitterly disappointing and frustrating.

And, yes - the media are currently loving it. And the rags will give us shit come May if the situation does not take a remarkable turn.

However... for those who come on here and crucify Barry and suggest he should never pull on a blue shirt again are as pathetic as the level of performance that they suggested the team put in against Southampton. Some people have every short memories. Barry has been one of our most consistent players this season. Because he does what he does quietly and efficiently, there is no fanfare when he delivers every game.

Admittedly, he had a wretched game. Probably the worst game he has ever had for City. But it is a rarity. He spent the best part of 5 weeks without his usual midfield partner (Yaya) and still maintained clean sheets up until the Liverpool game. He is steady and reliable. Yesterday, he was awful. However, he was not alone.

Kneejerk reactions such as the ones that I have read on this blog make people sound like Chelsea fans who have grown accustomed to constant changes of personnel.

Look at the table. The difference between us and United is the cost of the 6 draws that we have more than them. 12 points. As we continue to have the best defence in the league, you will notice that we are considerably down on the goals scored tally compared to last year.

So, if you want to sling mud at anyone, sling it at our strikers. That's where the weakness lies.

Christian Negouai said:
Today was not the first time that Hart has made a major blunder. He's very capable of pulling off some brilliant saves but he really has been poor this season. We're fortunate that it's overlooked due to the England love-in with him because if that error had been committed by certain other keepers in the league, we'd never hear the end of it.

especially if it was your beloved de gea

Having thought about it all day at work, every single player (including joe, he spent get ou of it so easily) needs to hang their head in shame.

A total disgrace of a performance

I have just arrived home from working away,so this is my first chance to post....i would like to say i have calmed down..........but i haven't!!

That was a shocker on a par with some of of our old FA cup exits against Shrewsbury and Halifax,in fact with the standard of players in our side now and the wages they are on i would it was worse!

I watched it on the ship and had to endure the gloating delight of a bunch of plastic rags,Spurs and Arsenal fans,in fact everyone loved every second of it except me!

The players looked like they had been on the piss all night,or worse.In fact i have seen players on Hough end on a Sunday morning who HAD been on the piss all night perform better and with more heart and courage than that abysmal shower!Even worse they LOOKED like they couldn't give a fuck!

They have some massive payback now to the fans for what is left of this season, or else the majority of them can fuck off at the end of it and we start again!!

If they had one ounce of shame and decency they would put their hands in their pockets and compensate the poor fans who travelled there and had to watch that shower of utter shite!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.