Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

European match fixing authorities need to be interviewing Hart and Barry about yesterday?

Redsaint said:
baildon blue said:
I didnt think Southampton played that well.We just gifted them that win.

It's funny, I quite often like reading opposing teams forums after a game. It's amazing how many fans of other teams have said this after we've beat them in the last 2 seasons. i don't doubt that City weren't at their best yesterday, but try and give credit where it's due. We pressed high up the pitch, out-passed and generally out-played city. Three gifted goals aside, Saints were the better team throughout.

For what it is worth, most sane Blues would agree with that.

Better side won on the day, it's as simple as that.

I just put myself through the torture of watching MOTD (i've also recorded the whole match on ESPN but have not got the guts to watch that yet!) and as the players walked out with Ya Ya wearing the Captain's arm band the players looked subdued and as if it was a case of well we have to be here let's just get on with it. Zabaletta as Captain would have been better IMHO because he motivates them and gets them fired up. There was no fire yesterday.

The only good thing I can think of was.................. no Hansen on MOTD..... but at some stage he will find time to make a negative comment!!

Southampton played well, we played badly. End of story, now back to real life and let's get going again against Leeds and then against Chelsea. Come on the Blues.

p.s. just seen a tweet by Sergio: 'It all looks a bit grim right now but I won't believe giving up is an option.' (yes he did put won't not don't)

So at least he has my optimism!!

Eccles Blue said:
I just put myself through the torture of watching MOTD (i've also recorded the whole match on ESPN but have not got the guts to watch that yet!) and as the players walked out with Ya Ya wearing the Captain's arm band the players looked subdued and as if it was a case of well we have to be here let's just get on with it. Zabaletta as Captain would have been better IMHO because he motivates them and gets them fired up. There was no fire yesterday.

The only good thing I can think of was.................. no Hansen on MOTD..... but at some stage he will find time to make a negative comment!!

Southampton played well, we played badly. End of story, now back to real life and let's get going again against Leeds and then against Chelsea. Come on the Blues.
I watched it live, but I can't watch it again

I feel like we've been relegated and the bright future we were dreaming of is all at risk

I think we must all get behind the team for the remaining weeks of the season and ensure that the future of this club is sound. We must finish strongly in the League and we can go back to Wembley. But I do not have great confidence that that will happen

bobbyowenquiff said:
BrianW said:
I found myself wondering if some of the players want the manager sacked. Not that Mancini helped himself with the bizarre selection of Garcia and Nasri.

As for that Barry goal, I've never seen anything like it in my life, not even in schoolboy football.

I think Mancini has given up on the League and is saving players for the Cup. That's the most positive interpretation. If it's not that, then something is very, very wrong.
There was certainly something odd about the body language in the whole team. It reminded me of Hughes second last match at Spurs. Barry's reaction to the own goal looked strange. He had no expression on his face. Aguero looked unhappy from the kick-off. I felt from the first minute that we would not win.
Perhaps there is something in the Tevez stuff and the twitter rumours last week about Mancini getting the sack.
The own goal was almost as good as Jamie Pollock's!

I completely agree with you ......

there was NEVER a time in that match when I thought we would win it , even after Dzekos goal ..... we were awful from the word go , and all over the place defensively ..... from what I saw , aside from Dzekos goal , we only managed one other shot on target (from Aguero) ..... I couldn't believe how poor we were , we had no shape , no cohesion, no desire , no fight .. nothing !

stonerblue said:
Can i just point out that Southampton played very well.

Maybe so but without 3 errors, 2 so horrendous I wouldnt expect a Div 2 player to make they wouldn't have won.

Barry and hart cost us the points yesterday. Both were wank

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
stonerblue said:
Can i just point out that Southampton played very well.

Maybe so but without 3 errors, 2 so horrendous I wouldnt expect a Div 2 player to make they wouldn't have won.

Barry and hart cost us the points yesterday. Both were wank

The errors are forced.
Barry gets tackled after good pressing from Southampton, who then play a fine move to get into our box. Goal
Great play from Lambert(?) to bamboozle Clichy and get shot off too hot for Hart to hold. Goal.
Barry's og was shocking but they usually are. More good work form Lambert to get the cross in.

Shit happens, it just came to be all our shit amalgamated and was shown in sharp relief yesterday.

Truth is we have faltered all season really bar a few top performances.

I don't know how the transfer dealings went last summer or what happened and who was to blame but it happened.

However Mancini is supposed to show his stuff now and things ike dropping Milner after a MOTM display sticks in my throat.
I am not saying i know better at all but such actions are seemingly built around a desire to not lose rather than go out and win.

It would be fair to say Mancini's limits as a manager may have been realised but he also deserves a chance to right it.
If however his answer is just to buy the best players again whilst over looking the youth aspect then if he goes i can see why that may happen.

I think we should wait for the season to end before reaching to many conclusions though.
Our strikers have stuttered in the main and we had a killer cl group added to the fact many teams have been very hard to break down this season with 10 man defences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.