Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowyu said:
In my opinion, this game has a "loss" written all over it. We have been great for a while scoring at will, and it is about time that we struggle to score. They have lost some unfortunate matches and it is about time for them to win. We are not yet at that point where we will go over and outplay all the teams that are worse than us (like Barca or Bayern do, for example). We don't have that mentality yet. I believe we will have it one day, but we don't as of now. I predict a 0-2 loss.
I think its got '' sublime pasting'' written all over it, 4-1 City

If you go on the Saints forums, they've got a bit of a defensive injury crisis which they're really worried about and all in all they sound a bit down and pessimistic. Good news for us as we seem to be on a bit of a roll . Time to go for the jugular methinks.

I think this is MP's first big away test since the chelsea game and since we seem to have been playing slightly better in recent weeks

Looks like we might be having a turn of look if the previous poster is correct and they do have a bit of a defensive injury crisis....

Id be tempted to be a bit more defensive in this game but I think we al know now that MP wont do that

Thin Negrado in for dzeko is a no brainer and I hope he brings back clichy over Kolorov as defensively Kolorov is a liability every game he plays.

Id be tempted to but milner in for Navas who wasnt really in the game vs westbrom

Now if silva is fit it will give hm a bit of a selection headache as nasri has been very very good recently and doesnt deserve t be dropped

simon23 said:
I think this is MP's first big away test since the chelsea game and since we seem to have been playing slightly better in recent weeks

Looks like we might be having a turn of look if the previous poster is correct and they do have a bit of a defensive injury crisis....

Id be tempted to be a bit more defensive in this game but I think we al know now that MP wont do that

Thin Negrado in for dzeko is a no brainer and I hope he brings back clichy over Kolorov as defensively Kolorov is a liability every game he plays.

Id be tempted to but milner in for Navas who wasnt really in the game vs westbrom

Now if silva is fit it will give hm a bit of a selection headache as nasri has been very very good recently and doesnt deserve t be dropped
agree with everything you say ,except navas,not in the game at west brom ,ithought he was very good

ped said:
simon23 said:

agree with everything you say ,except navas,not in the game at west brom ,ithought he was very good

Even if Navas has poor game we still open them up through the middle. Having a winger that stretches the field creates so much more space for our creative types.

Going to be a good indication of where we are I feel. Had alot of our own way at home against some uncharacteristically poor sides (some we did make look poor granted), but Southampton are well drilled, fit, will press high and not give us an inch. No strolling this one in, if we want this we're going to have to fight for it.

Still, I think if we win this and Arsenal at home, and win them well, that will be enough to show we're going to see this all the way.

Zaba, Fernandinho and Yaya all on 4 yellows.

No bookings Saturday boys, need you 3 for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.