Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Kompany is King said:
Mentality has to be go for and secure the win.

Bring Negredo in for Dzeko. Otherwise same team as v WBA.

What are the chances of Silva or Jovetic being available?
I'd rule Jovetic out because even if he is fit, will he be match-fit after 3 months out?

In Silva and Jovetic's case, last time I heard Pellegrini talk about them he was talking about them being maybe ready for the Bayern game. Silva must be very close so worth keeping a close eye on that. I think City do a press conference tomorrow in advance of the weekend's game so we can expect news then?

Cheers.

Adding Silva into our current first team mix would make us even more exciting to watch and then in time, Jovetic to join too. Great.

Pre Match thread from their main forum

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47968-Saints-vs-Man-City-Build-Up#.UqDWmicXK3c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... qDWmicXK3c</a>

In my opinion, this game has a "loss" written all over it. We have been great for a while scoring at will, and it is about time that we struggle to score. They have lost some unfortunate matches and it is about time for them to win. We are not yet at that point where we will go over and outplay all the teams that are worse than us (like Barca or Bayern do, for example). We don't have that mentality yet. I believe we will have it one day, but we don't as of now. I predict a 0-2 loss.

shadowyu said:
In my opinion, this game has a "loss" written all over it. We have been great for a while scoring at will, and it is about time that we struggle to score. They have lost some unfortunate matches and it is about time for them to win. We are not yet at that point where we will go over and outplay all the teams that are worse than us (like Barca or Bayern do, for example). We don't have that mentality yet. I believe we will have it one day, but we don't as of now. I predict a 0-2 loss.

Eh? I have not won the lottery, it's about time I did

I think you are guilty of what is termed in psychological circles as "Magical Thinking"

Ducado said:
shadowyu said:

Eh? I have not won the lottery, it's about time I did

I think you are guilty of what is termed in psychological circles as "Magical Thinking"
this post you've replied to is going to get trodden all over on Saturday evening by revelling fans of our great club.
besides, we struggled to score against Sunderland, so that's more recently than my last lottery win...

The saints aren't Chelsea or even united. Bouncing back from a bad run of form isn't a given. If anything I predict a draw for them at best. I believe we'll win 2-1.

Ducado said:
Pre Match thread from their main forum

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47968-Saints-vs-Man-City-Build-Up#.UqDWmicXK3c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... qDWmicXK3c</a>

Thanks, always enjoy reading through these.

I usually predict a 1-0 or a crazy 3-2 so i will go for the latter and hope we get the 3
One thing is for sure we need to concentrate for the full 90mins or we will get punished.I couldn't bear a re-run of last years match

Might benefit us playing them after a midweek game as they are supposed to play with a lot of intensity. If they still have the Villa game in their legs then maybe they will struggle to put in their usual effort?

I don't think we'll under-estimate them as they've been talked about a lot, and last seasons game was a bit of a nightmare even if it was before Pellegrini's time. Pellegrini will know Pochettino from his time as manager of Espanyol. I assume his style at Southampton is similar to what he did at Espanyol and maybe they know quite a lot about each other as they were two South Americans managing in first Spain and now England?

They are a decent side but they are beatable. If we play at the same intensity as we did at West Brom , with a couple of minor tweaks then we are on our way to another away victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.