Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentality has to be go for and secure the win.

Bring Negredo in for Dzeko. Otherwise same team as v WBA.

What are the chances of Silva or Jovetic being available?

Kompany is King said:
Mentality has to be go for and secure the win.

Bring Negredo in for Dzeko. Otherwise same team as v WBA.

What are the chances of Silva or Jovetic being available?
I'd rule Jovetic out because even if he is fit, will he be match-fit after 3 months out?

In Silva and Jovetic's case, last time I heard Pellegrini talk about them he was talking about them being maybe ready for the Bayern game. Silva must be very close so worth keeping a close eye on that. I think City do a press conference tomorrow in advance of the weekend's game so we can expect news then?

Beezer said:
Wanyama out would be huge, he's impressed a lot so for.

I live down here and that's not the way Saints fans see it.

Many saying the money spent on him and Osvaldo was a waste.

I'd be fearful of Lallanas guile and Rodriguez movement but not much else.

Mind you, I said similar last season !

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
No you don't mate. You have a settled defence. We will see how good your defence is in 10 days time.
Prepare for carnage ;-)

One goal let in seven matches shown we do. did not even need sagna fit. Only van persie scored against our defence since west brom away in early October.

But you will provide us defence with our toughest test since dortmund away their no doubt about it.

Fact is you've let in 4 less than us. Not a lot of difference really and we've had gawd knows how many CB combinations.

8 different ones in 14 matches IIRC.

Saintsweb looks like a decent forum for Saints news

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47968-Saints-vs-Man-City-Build-Up#.UqDDzZXuNjo

Looks like they will be playing a 3rd choice keeper who came on at Chelsea and who played at home to Villa. Of course he could be decent
Physioroom
V Wanyama Knock no return date
Clyne Knock no return date
G Ramirez Illness no return date
M Schneiderlin Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
A Boruc Fractured Hand 11th Jan 14
K Davis Back Injury no return date
G Do Prado Knee Injury 7th Jan 14

Marvin said:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?47968-Saints-vs-Man-City-Build-Up#.UqDDzZXuNjo

Looks like they will be playing a 3rd choice keeper who came on at Chelsea and who played at home to Villa. Of course he could be decent
Physioroom
shit I was hoping their keeper was fit.

Richard said:
Pants

Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Navas
Fernan
Yaya
Nasri

Aguero
Negredo
I think the manager has decided to partner Kompany with Demichelis judging by last night's selection

I'd also start Milner at Southampton instead of Navas. I just reckon that Southampton are a team that plays at a very high intensity and that Milner will be useful to counter this.

One doubt in my mind is the Bayern game. Will Pellegrini rest some players with that game in mind? I wouldn't but the club may really be prioritising that game. Encouragement to do so comes from news that Robben is out.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:33 pm --<br /><br />
aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:

Physioroom
shit I was hoping their keeper was fit.
Boruc? That was a one-off. Just Arsenal's luck this season that he did that against them

Only my second away so far this season after Cardiff. Hoping for a better result.

We seem to have turned a corner now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.