Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
alib said:
Marvin said:
Southampton have just had their pre-match press conference.

Source: Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

Summary

Gaston Ramirez is recovering from a heavy cold and maybe available
Fonte will be assessed tomorrow

Kelvin Davis is still recovering, as are Guly do Prado, Danny Fox and Morgan Schneiderlin and @VictorWanyama and @Nathaniel_Clyne are out

that's their entire central midfield out!!!
Two keepers. Schneiderlin is a key midfielder and Wanyama is the guy they got from Celtic. Think Danny Fox is a defender and do Prado is a reserve striker. Clyne is a right back.

Good news for us, but they still have some good players, and they thrashed us last season with similar injury problems.
boruc being out is a negative for us

aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:
alib said:
that's their entire central midfield out!!!
Two keepers. Schneiderlin is a key midfielder and Wanyama is the guy they got from Celtic. Think Danny Fox is a defender and do Prado is a reserve striker. Clyne is a right back.

Good news for us, but they still have some good players, and they thrashed us last season with similar injury problems.

Over on that's Saints forum in the build-up they are all praying for Boruc to come back. They say the new chap has hardly made a save yet and he's terrible, sounds like a bonus to me!

I'd go for
----------------------Hart----------------------
--Richards--Vinny--Lescott--Clichy--
----------------Yaya-----Ferna--------------
--Milner---------Aguero---------Nasri--
--------------------Negredo-----------------

Blue Coop said:
aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:

Over on that's Saints forum in the build-up they are all praying for Boruc to come back. They say the new chap has hardly made a save yet and he's terrible, sounds like a bonus to me!
Yeh but he keeps kicking the ball into touch too, you want someone like lloris or boruc who'll pass it to kun.

the goats backside said:
So many going for Micah, is Zabs injured.... Best 11 tomorrow a win is a must

I agree.

Things have to continue to improve away from home.

We've gone from switching off when the opponents still have time to win to switching off when it is too late for them to win.

The next step is not to switch off at all.

Zableta every time for me.
Just keep a clean sheet tomorrow and the three points are our's.

Id go

Pants

Richards
Lescott
Kompany
Clichy

Navas
Yaya
Fernandinho
Nasri

Negredo
Aguero

Richards as he has good ability in the air and Southampton have 3 big lads upfront.
Kolarov is a massive no no for me as they have attacking fullbacks and he cant defend at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.