Southampton Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongest team for this one. Southampton will be looking to bounce back after the defeat to Villa and they will see us as the perfect game to do so.

I expect Arsenal to beat Everton at home and I expect Chelsea and Liverpool to win tomorrow so we really need to stay in the mix and pull a win out the bag tomorrow.

Same team as West Brom but Clichy for Kolerov and maybe Negredo for Dzeko. Think he will stick with the other 3 defenders.

For Munich on Tuesday i wouldnt even play a full team with Arsenal coming up. Pellers will disagree and probably play half the full team and half the fringe players but i wouldn't. Nothing game - already through and we can beat anyone on our day in the next round.

waspish said:
___________Hart____________

Mica_D/chellis_Lescot_Kolorav

______Rodwell__Garcia_______

_____Milner__nasri__lopez_____

___________Dzeko____________

I agree but maybe we need a few more 1st teamers. We dont wanna embarrass ourselves too much.
That team away at Bayern would concede possibly 5/6. Its possibly the slowest 11 ive ever seen.

waspish said:
GX Blue said:
waspish said:
If Pellegrini looking to play a really strong team on Tuesday can see him resting Zab Clichy Fernandinho and even Aguero for this game

That will never ever happen mate.

You seriously think Pellers will rest these players for an important premier league match and play them in a match that is pointless as we have qualified?

Just going of what he said in a press conference he wants to win the group so we don't come up against a Barcelona or a Madrid and to win at Bayern we need our strongest team fresh...

We all want to win the group, but that train has left the station. I'm a life-long fan and we are playing some very good stuff, but there's no way we win by 3 clear goals at the Allianz Arena, which is what it would take. I don't think you'll see a team of reserves, but guys like Aguero and Toure are going to be rested. Jovetic will get a game and you might see Silva for a bit, to give him some playing time before the Arsenal match.

They've got a few important players out and are not on good form. Had a check of their forum and they're saying that Pochettino asks a lot of the players and hasn't been rotating the team enough. Hopefully Yaya and Fern aren't too knackered and the rest to Negredo will help us a lot.

If MP picks the right team I think we'll do it and then we'll be hitting form. Come on City!

lasereyes said:
waspish said:
GX Blue said:
That will never ever happen mate.

You seriously think Pellers will rest these players for an important premier league match and play them in a match that is pointless as we have qualified?

Just going of what he said in a press conference he wants to win the group so we don't come up against a Barcelona or a Madrid and to win at Bayern we need our strongest team fresh...

We all want to win the group, but that train has left the station. I'm a life-long fan and we are playing some very good stuff, but there's no way we win by 3 clear goals at the Allianz Arena, which is what it would take. I don't think you'll see a team of reserves, but guys like Aguero and Toure are going to be rested. Jovetic will get a game and you might see Silva for a bit, to give him some playing time before the Arsenal match.

Yaya will definitely get a rest against Bayern as he is suspended.

Strongest team possible quick out the blocks hopefully score three and then sub best players.

Good plan although losing two late goals against West Brom doesnt inspire confidence!

Expecting it to be an exciting game from two open teams. There'll be loads of chances, maybe a high scoring game 3-2/4-3/3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.