Southerners Who Support City

sdavros said:
Citytillidie69 said:
Guys - just out of interest - How and why did you become blues?

(I reckon you must all be masochist's or have some other perversion)

Don't really have to justify it. A blue is a blue.

But I have a valid reason.

Sdavros - touchy today- Its not for justification as we all know your a blue of many years, its just out of interest.

My dad came over to England from Ireland in the late Fifties and just to be an awkward git he chose City cause all the other Irish lads chose the rags...and the rest they say is history.

Citytillidie69 said:
sdavros said:
Citytillidie69 said:

Sdavros - touchy today- Its not for justification as we all know your a blue of many years, its just out of interest.

My dad came over to England from Ireland in the late Fifties and just to be an awkward git he chose City cause all the other Irish lads chose the rags...and the rest they say is history.

i'm touchy at the best of times mate. Your Dad sounds like a top bloke. :)

I'm a blue because I used to support Limerick FC when I was really young, when they were good. My Dad played with them. Anyway long story short, City came to Limerick (Thomond Park) on a preseason tour and trounced them. I've been hooked ever since.

corbyblue said:
over 40 years ago was in the sixtys not 1976 and have supported them all my life.

Ha - bollox - I was too quick on a mini wind up to do the calculation properly. It was only for a a bit of fun anyway. Fairplay to you blue.

Citytillidie69 said:

My support of City is bore out of a fairly deep-seated and somewhat disturbing hatred of Manchester United. As a youngster I hated their players, I hated the manager (same tosser in charge now) and I hated the fact that almost all the kids in my Southern school supported them for seemingly no other reason other than they win all the time.

Man City seemed the natural choice.

My support for the club quadrupled when I moved to the city aged 18, I was a regular at Maine for many years, those were the first football matches I’d ever been to.

The nearest vaguely half-decent team to where I grew up is Cheltenham, currently sat at the very bottom of the old Third Division, a lofty position when compared to their league position when I was a kid growing up (not even sure they were in the league at all).

Meet a guy at B'burn away, he jumped all over my lad when Robbie scored. Said he had a 500 mile round trip, definate southern accent.

sdavros said:
Citytillidie69 said:
sdavros said:
Citytillidie69 said:

i'm touchy at the best of times mate. Your Dad sounds like a top bloke. :)

I'm a blue because I used to support Limerick FC when I was really young, when they were good. My Dad played with them. Anyway long story short, City came to Limerick (Thomond Park) on a preseason tour and trounced them. I've been hooked ever since.

Those are the sort of story's that are interesting, everone must have something like that or how there dad became one.

Even you Corbyblue must have an inkling of when you saw salvation, like watching Glyn Pardoe or Mike Doyle, Or watching Franny Lee diving and thinking, Im having some of that.

do people who live north of manchester get the same dis respect as people who live south of manchester, ie does a geordie city fan get more respect than a cockney city fan

For me it does'nt matter where your from or why you support City, its FA to do with me or anyone else.

If someone wants to start supporting City, well best of luck I say. I was thrown into to it because I was born less than 200 yards from the place and the whole family are blue and often wonder why someone would want to pick City if they had a choice? It's not that we've had anything to shout about for the last 30 odd years.

So if your from anywhere other than Manchester I take my cap off to you, well done for your support and especially those people who could of quite easily of picked there local top four team and never had to feel the downs every week that come with supporting City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.