Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No pal, I am not deluded. I have watched every England tournament since 1982 and I know exactly what I am looking at. You are right you beat Spain in a qualifying group playing open attractive attacking football…er no! Fine, you want a team playing great football to win, so do I. But be honest, if Scotland finally shithoused their way out of the first round you would have been delighted and I have no doubt there would be a enthusiastic Scottish welcoming party waiting for at Glasgow airport, and know what I wouldn’t blame you.

Look, I take it you are a city fan? If so you know all about decades of craving and dreaming for success, would you not have accepted a Niall Quinn direct long ball FA Cup in 1993? Of course you and every other city fan in this forum who remembers it would. Don’t mistake the behaviour and enthusiasm of England supporters as arrogance and self entitlement, they are just enjoying themselves whilst supporting their national team like every other nation and before you say so, yes there are some idiots.

Do you really expect us to believe you don’t want us to win because of our luck and style of play? Come off it, those that remember that 93 FA cup run also remember the desperation and hope that the rags would bottle the 92 title. There’s nothing wrong in it, just be honest to us and yourself.

Edit: just realised you are a Celtic fan! So I guess you have no concept of the references I gave, however as a Scotland fan you will understand (if you are honest with yourself!)
My uncle was a City madman and I grew up through all your woes, as you being my favourite English team, hence why I’m in here. I take your points about us, we are absolutely shit. We did really well to get there and I was really shocked how absolutely shit we were. If we got out a group the place would go berserk. No question. That to us is like winning the fucking thing to good teams.

I have another reason why I don’t have the fuck the English thing. I was born there. My dad was working there and I returned to gods country when I was two. I have always had a soft spot for you lot. My own dad used to slag me about being English, so to annoy him I once cheered an, I think Alan Ball goal against Scotland and got chased down the hall for my troubles.

I am Scottish. I am a Scotland fan, but I don’t mind your teams. I do hate the shit we need to endure from commentators and pundits,you do get to the point of asking for god to end it all, which shows you how bad I feel, as I don’t believe in the ****.

I was disappointed in England, to the point of anger. But I don’t hate them and if you played brilliantly and won it, I would have got rid of all devices and TV, but I would have said well played.

Last edited:
Pep has real world class players, not presumed that because they’re English. I suppose it depends on what we mean today by world class. You have Foden and apart from a couple of spells, he was also shit. Player of tourney for you, Stones. That’s it. You played half a dozen games and of that about 50 minutes actually good. Not great, good. None of them are world class. Even if Pep took over, you would still have overhyped players who simply aren’t on the same level as the better teams. You watched it. How could you or anybody miss how overrated they really are? It’s as obvious as it is how shit Scotiand are. We accept that. You are looking for a new manager to turn a shit team into world beaters. Dream on. Could he get them to play better? You would hope so, the bar is low. Without an easy draw and a dodgy penalty you would have been home five days after us. Last night you were awful. In fact the whole tournament you sucked ass. It’s really that simple. You shouid he rejoicing that such a shit team at least got there. Convincing yourself a new manager turns it around to win things? Step away from the solvents. Another few steps, keep going. Now you’re safe.

Southgate is getting it right about not being attacking minded. Yet, those world class attacking players, failed. Why?

Because of Southgate, or,

They’re not as good as you make them out?

It’s the second option.
In my 50 years watching City live I've seen very few English World class players, Colin Bell, Trevor Francis Dave Watson John Stones, Paul Lake and controversially Michael Johnson last two unfortunate circumstances. Phil Foden is one of them he flogged his balls off to ensure we won a unprecedented 4th Premier league title and had to play 8 more games after that.

Last edited:
My uncle was a City madman and I grew up through all your woes, as you being my favourite English team, hence why I’m in here. I take your points about us, we are absolutely shit. We did really well to get there and I was really shocked how absolutely shit we were. If we got out a group the place would go berserk. No question. That to us is like winning the fucking thing to good teams.

I have another reason why I don’t have the fuck the English thing. I was born there. My dad was working there and I returned to gods country when I was two. I have always had a soft spot for you lot. My own dad used to slag me about being English, so to annoy him I once cheered an, I think Alan Ball goal against Scotland and got chased down the hall for my troubles.

I am Scottish. I am a Scotland fan, but I don’t mind your teams. I do hate the shit we need to endure from commentators and pundits,you do get to the point of asking for god to end it all, which shows you how bad I feel, as I don’t believe in the ****.

I was disappointed in England, to the point of anger. But I don’t hate them and if you played brilliantly and won it, I would have got rid of all devices and TV, but I would have said well played.
Did we know this bombshell already? It’s certainly news to me - ginger flowing locks or not, Magic is officially English!!

;)

Walker never had help from Saka, in both spanish goals Kyle was on his own dealing with passing triangles around him.

England doesn't need any football Cup.

England has the most important cup: having invented football.

Walker never had help from Saka, in both spanish goals Kyle was on his own dealing with passing triangles around him.

Seen some good analysis of the game. The first goal comes from Bellingham not being the right side of Carvajal. That leads to Shaw having to react but a first time pass to Yamal then leaves him free and Guehi having to react and one after another they play the ball quickly to the next player in space as England are left scrambled. It's a well worked goal and down to Bellingham not being in the right place initially.

The second goal Saka lets Cucurella get the run on him. It had happened a couple of times in the the game where Cucurella had made an underlapping run and Saka didn't know whether to track that or leave him to Walker and jump onto Williams. But our shape was otherwise good for that 2nd goal until Walker decided not to drop with the rest of the defence and ended up in no mans land unable to defend the situation.

Oh God. Leave it out.

It's all water under the bridge now, we lost, end of.

It's no use re-analysing everything in the finest detail.

Roll on August and the resumption of proper, exciting football. Until those bloody international breaks start off again, that is.

THE HARRY KANE EFFECT:- Lost 2 Carabao Cup finals- Lost the UCL final- Lost the Euros 2020 final- Lost the German Super Cup- Bayern lost 1st league title in 12 years- Lost the Euros 2024 final

He wouldn't win a final against himself.
Unlucky or a jinx?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.