Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pep has real world class players, not presumed that because they’re English. I suppose it depends on what we mean today by world class. You have Foden and apart from a couple of spells, he was also shit. Player of tourney for you, Stones. That’s it. You played half a dozen games and of that about 50 minutes actually good. Not great, good. None of them are world class. Even if Pep took over, you would still have overhyped players who simply aren’t on the same level as the better teams. You watched it. How could you or anybody miss how overrated they really are? It’s as obvious as it is how shit Scotiand are. We accept that. You are looking for a new manager to turn a shit team into world beaters. Dream on. Could he get them to play better? You would hope so, the bar is low. Without an easy draw and a dodgy penalty you would have been home five days after us. Last night you were awful. In fact the whole tournament you sucked ass. It’s really that simple. You shouid he rejoicing that such a shit team at least got there. Convincing yourself a new manager turns it around to win things? Step away from the solvents. Another few steps, keep going. Now you’re safe.

Southgate is getting it right about not being attacking minded. Yet, those world class attacking players, failed. Why?

Because of Southgate, or,

They’re not as good as you make them out?

It’s the second option.

Your argument boils down to the following: the games (under Southgate) have shown the players are overrated. So, even Pep can't do much with them.

If you can't see why this is a bit silly, I'm afraid I can't help you.

The great managers are great because they help the players perform at their best. By all accounts, Pep's one of the greatest managers and Southgate is mediocre (or even poor tactics wise). To say that Pep wouldn't make much of a difference is to say that there isn't much of a difference between him and Southgate.

A hidden premise of your argument is that Pep is great because the players make him great, e.g., Messi, Xavi, KDB, Rodri...Thanks for the genius insight. You don't have a clue about Pep.

Last edited:
This guy had really good breakdowns throughout the tournament...

Pretty good analysis
He's picked up on Rodri being man marked by Foden too.
Bottom Line - Spain we're able to overload on us far too often and only Stones, Walker and Shaw being very good at their defensive duties kept the score down.
Special mention of Pickford giving the ball away all the time and Kane being shit.

Last edited:
Your argument boils down to the following: the games (under Southgate) have shown the players are overrated. So, even Pep can't do much with them.

If you can't see why this is a bit silly, I'm afraid I can't help you.

The great managers are great because they help the players perform at their best. By all accounts, Pep's one of the greatest managers and Southgate is mediocre (or even poor tactics wise). To say that Pep wouldn't make much of a difference is to say that there isn't much of a difference between him and Southgate.

A hidden premise of your argument is that Pep is great because the players make him great, e.g., Messi, Xavi, KDB, Rodri...Thanks for the genius insight. You don't have a clue about Pep.
You are making presumptions about me from your misinterpretation of what I said. Pep bought those world class players and made them the best team in the world. Plenty of managers have access to literally hundreds of millions and produce nothing special. So, Pep is head and shoulders above the rest. You’re also correct that great managers can get the best out of players, but, would Pep be happy with the levels they showed when it mattered, regardless of tactics? I don’t think so.

Regarding overrated, of course they were overrated if you look at how utterly devoid of class all of your performances were. Is that exclusively down to Southgate? I don’t think so. That’s the easy route. Blame the manager. The bottom line is, so called world class/ brilliant players took the park for half a dozen games and any fair minded football lover saw the square root of fuck all world class or brilliant, Stones apart. They were all shit. For six games. Now you can blame Southgate for that, I don’t. Players have to step up and show why the panels on tv called them brilliant players.

You make the assumption that because I question the quality, you actually think I rate Southgate and Pep on a similar level. Not at all.

Pep is by far and away the best in football right now. But here’s the thing. With all those “brilliant players”, you would expect higher levels of performance, regardless of who was in charge. Only Stones reached that. How could he play so well under Southgate, if it was all his fault?

I know what I watched. You watched it too. Your players are either overrated, or don’t have the mentality or balls to turn up when it matters. Take your pick.

I was meant to be in Tenerife today but have just woke up after having a fucking great night and missed my flight. Hope the car horns keep you up for the rest of the week.

No way you daft fucker. They've thankfully shut up now.

I know what I watched. You watched it too. Your players are either overrated, or don’t have the mentality or balls to turn up when it matters. Take your pick.
Considering the output in the last 4 tournaments for a group of players you collectively consider shite can't wait until we add just a couple of quality players and we will be romping home. I do think we are just missing one or two from the first team. The weight of numbers and the levels of investment (time & money) will keep us knocking on the door - they were lacking in the past with the training hours limited and lack of investment in infrastructure. What we have seen in the last 8 years is significant progress. We now need to build on it.

It’s not bitterness. It’s the truth. You were dross from first to last. I’m sorry if you missed that. It’s not my fault. Or, I would argue Southgate’s totally. Your world class superstars aren’t world class. World class players usually turn up.
The last English world class players to turn up at international level tournaments probably Moore,Banks and Charlton.
Maybe Lineker.

You’re right, I didn’t want them to win, not for the reasons you think. I wanted a team who played great football to win. Not a team who haven’t had a tough game in years, who were utter shit to watch win. Bad for the game.

Because we will never get out a group, doesn’t mean I don’t know what a great team, or real world class players look like. And none were wearing an England top.

We did beat Spain in the qualifying group. A real group. Who was in your group again? Lapland, The Faroes and the local scout team. You have got draws that if the Dippers had similar draws snd easy routes woukd be calling for a bribery scandal. Yet, even with all that, you were still shit to watch and were lucky as fuck to get out of the last 16. You got to the final by playing no ****. The only way it was even possible.

Don’t worry though, the next World Cup is coming home. Or is it the one after? If not that then certainly definitely the one after that, and you’ll be favourites again for every one of them. Fucking deluded.
No pal, I am not deluded. I have watched every England tournament since 1982 and I know exactly what I am looking at. You are right you beat Spain in a qualifying group playing open attractive attacking football…er no! Fine, you want a team playing great football to win, so do I. But be honest, if Scotland finally shithoused their way out of the first round you would have been delighted and I have no doubt there would be a enthusiastic Scottish welcoming party waiting for at Glasgow airport, and know what I wouldn’t blame you.

Look, I take it you are a city fan? If so you know all about decades of craving and dreaming for success, would you not have accepted a Niall Quinn direct long ball FA Cup in 1993? Of course you and every other city fan in this forum who remembers it would. Don’t mistake the behaviour and enthusiasm of England supporters as arrogance and self entitlement, they are just enjoying themselves whilst supporting their national team like every other nation and before you say so, yes there are some idiots.

Do you really expect us to believe you don’t want us to win because of our luck and style of play? Come off it, those that remember that 93 FA cup run also remember the desperation and hope that the rags would bottle the 92 title. There’s nothing wrong in it, just be honest to us and yourself.

Edit: just realised you are a Celtic fan! So I guess you have no concept of the references I gave, however as a Scotland fan you will understand (if you are honest with yourself!)

Last edited:
You are making presumptions about me from your misinterpretation of what I said. Pep bought those world class players and made them the best team in the world. Plenty of managers have access to literally hundreds of millions and produce nothing special. So, Pep is head and shoulders above the rest. You’re also correct that great managers can get the best out of players, but, would Pep be happy with the levels they showed when it mattered, regardless of tactics? I don’t think so.

Regarding overrated, of course they were overrated if you look at how utterly devoid of class all of your performances were. Is that exclusively down to Southgate? I don’t think so. That’s the easy route. Blame the manager. The bottom line is, so called world class/ brilliant players took the park for half a dozen games and any fair minded football lover saw the square root of fuck all world class or brilliant, Stones apart. They were all shit. For six games. Now you can blame Southgate for that, I don’t. Players have to step up and show why the panels on tv called them brilliant players.

You make the assumption that because I question the quality, you actually think I rate Southgate and Pep on a similar level. Not at all.

Pep is by far and away the best in football right now. But here’s the thing. With all those “brilliant players”, you would expect higher levels of performance, regardless of who was in charge. Only Stones reached that. How could he play so well under Southgate, if it was all his fault?

Talking out of your arse and going round in circles at the same time. Some achievement!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.