Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you seen England when we go one nil up? Other managers adapt and we retreat, I would say that was factual. Even v Netherlands, first half we were excellent, second half Netherlands adapted and I didn’t see us respond. Fair enough we hung on and did adapt after about 80 mins and we won it. If we did that against a better team like Spain I doubt the outcome would be the same. I don’t hate GS but I do think he is tactically inept (or more fairly a 2 out of 10) but I also hope he and we succeeds
I don't think we hung on against the Netherlands. We never looked in real danger. Ultimately, we're in another final so by empirical metrics he's doing something right.

Anyway, here's hoping we beat the tapas munchers tonight.

English fans will have to contend with the Spanish police as well as their fans. There are probably more English in Benidorm than Spanish though surely?
It will be busy on the Av Gerona for sure. As mentioned at the 4.40 mark the Spanish police take no prisoners.

I don't think we hung on against the Netherlands. We never looked in real danger. Ultimately, we're in another final so by empirical metrics he's doing something right.

Anyway, here's hoping we beat the tapas munchers tonight.

We weren't in much danger

But Netherlands did make some tactical adjustments at half time and made it a very 50/50 game. tactically we didn't adapt to that and regain the control we had in the first half. Of course we got a very late winner but that's not gonna happen all the time.

I'd like too see Gareth know how to make tactical adjustments during a game to grab control. You don't always need subs to do it, just instruct the players. That was his downfall vs Italy. I was a bit concerned that the Netherlands match seemed to be heading in a similar manner, we let them adjust and make it much more even than it was and we didn't really respond to that. But we snatched a late winner, so nobody cares.

But Netherlands did make some tactical adjustments at half time and made it a very 50/50 game. tactically we didn't adapt to that and regain the control we had in the first half. Of course we got a very late winner but that's not gonna happen all the time.

I'd like too see Gareth know how to make tactical adjustments during a game to grab control. You don't always need subs to do it, just instruct the players. That was his downfall vs Italy. I was a bit concerned that the Netherlands match seemed to be heading in a similar manner, we let them adjust and make it much more even than it was and we didn't really respond to that. But we snatched a late winner, so nobody cares.
Netherland's set pieces gave England something to really think about. Couple of near misses for Netherlands in the game. And they did take the lead as well.

Agree with every word, apart from the last 3. Spain will not be as easy

We had that much of an off day that maybe even I could have had Rodri's number.

99 times out of 100 Rodri would eat Mainoo or any other England midfielder for breakfast.
Both Foden and Palmer have enough natural talent not to be fazed by Rodri.as brilliant as our best player is.
What Palmer did to Rodri at Wembley when he left him on his knees in a crumpled heap on the turf with an outrageous body swerve will live in my memory for years. Yes Rodri was tierd,but Palmer was playing through injury and prob at 50% fitness...

Rodri is brilliant,but the two City Youth academy products are world
class footballing wizards, in their own right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.