Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hahaha I don't think that England are actual underdogs of that magnitude Spain are slight favourites :)
I would agree with this.

I think Spain is the better team, even with overall lesser quality players, playing far better football.

But, as others have said ad nauseam, anything can happen in a final and often the “better” team doesn’t win.

And Southgate’s one gift is pure, unadulterated luck, which throws a wrench in the works no matter the opposition.

I am not sure I even want to try to predict the outcome, there are just too many variables to make a confident prediction.

In the end, my nation comes out on top regardless, so I just want it to be an entertaining (please no anti-football Gareth), good natured (so our City lads are less likely to get injured), and uncontroversial (I don’t want to read about one side getting robbed for the next few months) match.

Amen.

I would agree with this.

I think Spain is the better team, even with overall lesser quality players, playing far better football.

But, as others have said ad nauseam, anything can happen in a final and often the “better” team doesn’t win.

And Southgate’s one gift is pure, unadulterated luck, which throws a wrench in the works no matter the opposition.

I am not sure I even want to try to predict the outcome, there are just too many variables to make a confident prediction.

In the end, my nation comes out on top regardless, so I just want it to be an entertaining (please no anti-foot all Gareth), good natured (so our City lads are less likely to get injured), and uncontroversial (I don’t want to read about one side getting robbed for the next few months) match.

Amen.

If England play like they did in the semi final first half it might be a decent game.

I would agree with this.

In the end, my nation comes out on top regardless, so I just want it to be an entertaining (please no anti-foot all Gareth), good natured (so our City lads are less likely to get injured), and uncontroversial (I don’t want to read about one side getting robbed for the next few months) match.

Amen.
I am still not supporting anyone and I want a good game. If England win playing better than have shown barring a couple of halves then fair enough.

Both Foden and Palmer have enough natural talent not to be fazed by Rodri.as brilliant as our best player is.
What Palmer did to Rodri at Wembley when he left him on his knees in a crumpled heap on the turf with an outrageous body swerve will live in my memory for years. Yes Rodri was tierd,but Palmer was playing through injury and prob at 50% fitness...

Rodri is brilliant,but the two City Youth academy products are world
class footballing wizards, in their own right.

No doubt

I was talking about Rice and Mainoo, who are compared to Rodri, which I find insulting

Phil is one of the most gifted players in the game.

As for Palmer, he's got a great fearless approach to the game on the pitch and I think he'll be a top player. I won't say he his yet off the back of one good season, his ability and mentality look to be spot on.

I would agree with this.

In the end, my nation comes out on top regardless, so I just want it to be an entertaining (please no anti-football Gareth), good natured (so our City lads are less likely to get injured), and uncontroversial (I don’t want to read about one side getting robbed for the next few months) match.

Amen.
I don’t think Spain have the better players. I think a joint team would be 6-5 one way or the others, although Rodri would be the first on the team sheet.

Undoubtedly Spain have played the better football consistently throughout the tournament. England have really only played well for one half of one game. Yet I don’t look at Spain and think they have another level to go to, whereas England plainly do.

If both teams reproduce a sort of level that is alongside how they have played throughout the tournament, Spain win 2 or 3 nil and the game could well be over after 70 minutes. But I think it will be close.

“Gareth Southgate, the whole of England is with you.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.