Spain v England - Sun 14th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He didn't. Watch the game again. He provided nothing from an attacking perspective and was caught out of position a few times. If lamal scores the narrative is different.
First half he had him in his pocket. Kept him very quiet. Second half Yamal came inside him and you were caught on the hop by much more direct quicker ball to him.

Spain noticeably changed tactic, not simply the fact Rodri wasn’t there to be marked anymore, but Southgate didn’t counter it.
Yes he made the right substitutions perhaps.
But as you say yourself, if Yamal had scored, which he should have perhaps I’d think differently.
I said at half time Shaw was doing well but the danger of leaving him on playing for penalties was that he won’t have the legs to keep the seventeen year old out for 120 mins.
The fact he got roasted so early in the second half wasn’t due to tiredness. It was a tactical change by Spain. And it was still happening after the goal and wasn’t dealt with.

So I’ll qualify what I said about Shaw. He had a very good first half. He couldn’t handle the tactical change. The manager should have.

It's something of a farce that England made it the final. In one of the most underwhelming internationals In my lifetime ( I'm 40) pretty much everyone except Spain was running on empty and/or well below their usual abilities. If england had somehow winged it today it would not have been deserved. Spain are rightful winners

Ok. I will admit it. I am a bit sad this evening. I once cared very much about England. I still to this day remember being devastated that afternoon that England chucked away a two-goal lead in Mexico. Even in 1990, it took me months to get over that defeat.
Thing is, time is now going by, and I realise that seeing England win something is very probably not on the cards for me.

Best team of the tournament won the tournament.
Abit like the best team in the Premier League win the Premier League.

Now watch the media turn on them like they do us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.