Spain v Italy - Thu 20th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group D

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@SebastianBlue do you by any chance know much about Abel Ruiz?

If you do, do you think he’s ready to play a part in Spain’s first team as the striker?
I am not quite sure he’ll ever be the answer for us. He was very highly rated at youth level and had many predicting he would be the next Raul, but he’s not really kicked on that much since his U17 exploits.

I honestly am not sure we have a striker in the youth ranks I am excited about. We have many, many young players in other positions that could go on to be stars, but we have a dearth of true forwards (and have done for some time). A big part of that is our general style of play and football philosophy: the best strikers early on tend to shift to playmaking roles, as that gives them the best chance to progress and develop to senior teams, ironically.

But, as there is deficit now, we’ll likely see a trend in the opposite direction over the next decade or so, and see a deluge of top Spanish striking talent around 2035.

We have plenty of comedians in Cucurella's position but I agree with you on Nico.
Cucurella is a bit of an enigma. He looked very good at Brighton and I think we were right to be interested in him. He looked shit at Chelsea, but that may be down to the Coaching as he looks good in this Spain team.

I am not quite sure he’ll ever be the answer for us. He was very highly rated at youth level and had many predicting he would be the next Raul, but he’s not really kicked on that much since his U17 exploits.

I honestly am not sure we have a striker in the youth ranks I am excited about. We have many, many young players in other positions that could go on to be stars, but we have a dearth of true forwards (and have done for some time). A big part of that is our general style of play and football philosophy: the best strikers early on tend to shift to playmaking roles, as that gives them the best chance to progress and develop to senior teams, ironically.

But, as there is deficit now, we’ll likely see a trend in the opposite direction over the next decade or so, and see a deluge of top Spanish striking talent around 2035.
Thanks for that.

I thought he did well at the u21 euros last year. However, you’re not wrong with him not kicking on.

It’ll be interesting to see who finally emerges to take that spot. I don’t think there are issues anywhere else. Midfielders aplenty. CB’s emerging. Wingers, also aplenty.

There are a few players who can play the 9 as a false 9 but they’re not clinical enough to offer what Spain are missing.

We have plenty of comedians in Cucurella's position but I agree with you on Nico.
That 'rennaisance' look devalues him at least 70% in the eyes of your average English supporter. I think there is an extremely good player under all that mop.

As good as Spain have been Italy have been woeful. Fancy us to beat Italy in the quarters tbh

Against the better sides he'll get exposed more. I was relieved that Brighton priced us out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.