Sparta Praha (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

The best goal of the night wasn’t actually Haaland’s first, it was Haaland’s 2nd. The way Akanji provoked them into actually pressing us by just rolling his foot on the ball and slowly creeping backwards. Then once they jumped, we unleashed a sequence of passes which demonstrated exactly why nobody dares to press us any more and why our games are generally boring to watch… we ripped them apart. Pep’s reaction with his staff was also great. They had clearly spoken about press baiting at HT and it will be interesting to see whether that goal convinces him to adopt it a little more often.
Said exactly he same to my lad at the game, should try this more often.

Reactions: MMA
You can only do what you can do with the opposition as it confronts you, and we did OK in the first half and great in the second half. Some great takeaways from tonight, and something to build confidence upon for the usually bit part players. If Nunes can step up a level with a bit more game time, he could be some player - at the moment I'm hoping he could be as valuable as Cancello on his good days, but imho, I think there's a hell of a player in there if we can bring him out. Hopefully, tonight was a big step-up for him. Hoping he gets another start on Saturday.

You can only do what you can do with the opposition as it confronts you, and we did OK in the first half and great in the second half. Some great takeaways from tonight, and something to build confidence upon for the usually bit part players. If Nunes can step up a level with a bit more game time, he could be some player - at the moment I'm hoping he could be as valuable as Cancello on his good days, but imho, I think there's a hell of a player in there if we can bring him out. Hopefully, tonight was a big step-up for him. Hoping he gets another start on Saturday.
He even smiled ;-)

Have a look at the league sone big teams struggling to get top 8, I like it, no doubt will be changed when Munich and Nadrid struggle
Might be a daft question but is there any obvious benefit to finishing near the top of this table? Other than actually qualifying obviously. Do you get an easier knock out draw the higher up you finish or something? Because if it's just a case of you either qualify or you don't then it makes the whole league table thing a bit pointless.

I love it when it kicks off, great stuff. The atmosphere and game was dead before then but it kicked off a bit with their fans, City fans started singing loads and the team reacted and really stepped up the intensity on the pitch.

Savinho was an exciting watch tonight, worked his bollocks off.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.