Sparta Praha (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

You can only do what you can do with the opposition as it confronts you, and we did OK in the first half and great in the second half. Some great takeaways from tonight, and something to build confidence upon for the usually bit part players. If Nunes can step up a level with a bit more game time, he could be some player - at the moment I'm hoping he could be as valuable as Cancello on his good days, but imho, I think there's a hell of a player in there if we can bring him out. Hopefully, tonight was a big step-up for him. Hoping he gets another start on Saturday.
I have said this (usually in a corner on my own) but I do think there is a player there, He’s got to do enough to make Pep trust him and the run of injuries right now might help him. He was ok nothing more first half but better second

The best goal of the night wasn’t actually Haaland’s first, it was Haaland’s 2nd. The way Akanji provoked them into actually pressing us by just rolling his foot on the ball and slowly creeping backwards. Then once they jumped, we unleashed a sequence of passes which demonstrated exactly why nobody dares to press us any more and why our games are generally boring to watch… we ripped them apart. Pep’s reaction with his staff was also great. They had clearly spoken about press baiting at HT and it will be interesting to see whether that goal convinces him to adopt it a little more often.
Nah!! You can't really compare them it's down to personal taste, for me they are equally good, Haalands first was a brilliant finish his second was a brilliant team move, I don't feel one detracts from the other and don't see why they can't be both brilliant goals.

Drab first half. Bollocking at half time, much better second. Job done. I don’t like this new format. Some of these sides are absolutely wank.

Good to see Nunes finally having a good game. Let’s hope he gets a bit of a run of games now.

Haaland superb goals.

Said exactly he same to my lad at the game, should try this more often.
Said it in the match thread.
Don't know why we don't do it more often rather then let the opposition camp in front of their own goal.
Draw them out like a boxer with the jab in our own half.
We are the best in the world in possession so when they come forward to try take the ball in our half we're in..
It plays to erlings strengths too.

Might be a daft question but is there any obvious benefit to finishing near the top of this table? Other than actually qualifying obviously. Do you get an easier knock out draw the higher up you finish or something? Because if it's just a case of you either qualify or you don't then it makes the whole league table thing a bit pointless.
Top two avoid each other until either the semis or the final, can’t remember now.

Well, I’ve ticked off seeing an overhead back-heel volley off my bucket list. Insane.

The fourth goal was pure poetry.

Nunez did a superb Grealish impression.

Savinho did really well too.

IMG_6728.jpeg

We’ve also turned Pep into Bielsa.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.