Sparta Praha (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Such a good 2nd half from City: mature balanced, laced with quality. Rico was very good indeed, Savinho excellent and it is so pleasing to see Nunes come good. What a spectacular goal by Haaland....again! Johnny's was a superb header. The 4th was a brilliant team goal.

Wasn't allowed to travel on health advice but really enjoyed it from the sofa. Still a bit envious of those of you who did go.

Really did enjoy the match, although I have to say that after the first 25 minutes our players wer somehow in another gear, Rico the main culprit slowing the game when chances were there if he'd just passed it forward.

But, then again, a couple of times we tried it, we lost possession, that's why -i'm wondering- Pep's instructions were to keep the ball; obedient lad is our Rico. Later on absolutely brilliant for Erlin's second, a piece of quality art the team goal.

Second half was way better, and with the Hempoesque goal of Haaland, we finally clicked. Chuffed to bits for all the lads, especially the 4 academy players.

get in!

Yeah but he should have headed it.

It's ridiculous that he scores these goals. The ball was head hight, just head it.

GMSzvvybQAArbrU.png

A wonderful performance yet again from another team who only wanted to defend with a constant team of eleven men behind the ball.
Much has been said about Nunes and I agree thats his best ever performance in a City shirt, but for me and every one else in my local, Sevi was the outstanding MOTM overall in a 90 minutes game.

Thought Nunes was fantastic tonight. Worked really well in not his natural position and reaped his rewards. Well played lad
So pleased for him. He didn't look happy last season but much to his credit, he's's waited patiently without grumbling and is taking his chances wherever they come. Loved his performance tonight.

I loved that run back tackle he made at Molineux which started off the move that led to Erling teeing him up. I like his attitude.

Was the previous record held by someone who ultimately lost in a penalty shoot out, I do think it’s not right this record unless that’s the case, we lost to Madrid whether it’s 90/120 or penalties we did lose. However if the previous holder also did this then I agree.
We didn’t lose. We drew both games. Penalty shoot outs are NOT part of the game as per FIFA, UEFA and IFAB. They are used to determine progression in a knockout competition, just like the old away goals or ‘coin toss’. The official results against Madrid were BOTH drawn.
IMG_1405.jpegIMG_1404.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.