Sparta Praha (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Was the previous record held by someone who ultimately lost in a penalty shoot out, I do think it’s not right this record unless that’s the case, we lost to Madrid whether it’s 90/120 or penalties we did lose. However if the previous holder also did this then I agree.

How many times has this got to be explained??? Games decided on a penalty shootout are not considered a loss for the record. You and others might not like it, or technically think we lost, but the records say otherwise. 26 games unbeaten.

I was more interested in the "desperate" bit, there's no evidence of that.
True. The only desperation on show is how desperate the media are to want one of our stars to leave us.

Sergio never leaving really hurt some of those journo cunts who were convinced he’d decamp to Real or Barca the first chance he got. That’s been repeated with player after player committing their best years to City and it still hurts them now.

The best goal of the night wasn’t actually Haaland’s first, it was Haaland’s 2nd. The way Akanji provoked them into actually pressing us by just rolling his foot on the ball and slowly creeping backwards. Then once they jumped, we unleashed a sequence of passes which demonstrated exactly why nobody dares to press us any more and why our games are generally boring to watch… we ripped them apart. Pep’s reaction with his staff was also great. They had clearly spoken about press baiting at HT and it will be interesting to see whether that goal convinces him to adopt it a little more often.
Press baiting will be a term used religiously in the tactics book in the next decade. Perfectly put

The best goal of the night wasn’t actually Haaland’s first, it was Haaland’s 2nd. The way Akanji provoked them into actually pressing us by just rolling his foot on the ball and slowly creeping backwards. Then once they jumped, we unleashed a sequence of passes which demonstrated exactly why nobody dares to press us any more and why our games are generally boring to watch… we ripped them apart. Pep’s reaction with his staff was also great. They had clearly spoken about press baiting at HT and it will be interesting to see whether that goal convinces him to adopt it a little more often.

It was something Pep alluded to in his post match press conference after the Wolves game. When explaining how to beat massed defences he said, "Maybe we sit back when we have the ball and say come on."

I actually thought of that, too. If teams want to (understandably) put 11 behind the ball, then just hold it and try and make them press us. I feel away from home could potentially be even more effective, as their fans might get on their backs if they don't get forward.
This will only work if we are already winning

It was something Pep alluded to in his post match press conference after the Wolves game. When explaining how to beat massed defences he said, "Maybe we sit back when we have the ball and say come on."
Some teams won’t fall for it, but it’s worth a try.

We tried that in Pep’s first season in his first Etihad derby. United still stayed sat back even when we tried to entice then out with the ball in our own half. The game was like two boxers walking around the ring giving each other the odd jab… it finished 0-0.

Too many daft teams in this new format. I’ve seen better Sunday league teams.

Love watching Savinho and thought Mcatee looked slick in his cameo.

Good to see Nunes shape himself. Needs to start doing it against professional football teams now.
The old old European Cup
format had plenty of ‘daft teams’ in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.