Sparta Praha (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Was the previous record held by someone who ultimately lost in a penalty shoot out, I do think it’s not right this record unless that’s the case, we lost to Madrid whether it’s 90/120 or penalties we did lose. However if the previous holder also did this then I agree.
We didn’t loose to Real and that’s official, pen shootouts are regarded as different from the football for example players can be booked in both and not be sent off

Agreed but why has it taken so long to come up with it?
Probably because we’ve been going behind so often! Post match, Pep said at 2-0 when the game is dead, we can do it. But at 0-0? He doesn't think so, since the opponents would likely take 0-0! Also, he said imagine how crap it would be for the fans if we don’t attack and the opponent doesn’t jump! We still have the slog to go a couple of goals up before we can attempt it, it seems.

'When Haaland is not available Stones can play as the striker'

FT: Man City 5-0 Sparta Prague

Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola speaking to TNT Sports:

"We were playing good. I didn't expect them to defend so deep. They played offensively in their other matches but they defend so deep it's difficult. The moment we broke the game for 2-0 it was fine."

On Erling Haaland goal: "I saw it when the ball came in. It's unbelievable. He's a statue. So tall and so flexible. I like it, he has this sense of humour. Very similar to the Dortmund one a few years ago. Unbelievable. I don't know which was more difficult, both very difficult.

"He had some chances but it's difficult. He is literally on the penalty spot with three defenders and two midfielders - he's always surrounded by five or six players. He's so fast too that's maybe why teams defend so deep."

On taking Haaland off before penalty: "We play a lot of games and I had to do this. He understands the decisions and is so generous with the team."

On John Stones goal: "When Erling is not available John can play as a striker. Gerard Pique in Barca he had an incredible sense of goal and John is the same. He's already scored a few goals. He's back and I'm happy for him."

On celebrations: "Sometimes the opponents jam and jam. I was happy we pressed well. It was just satisfaction. When they defend with 11 players the space is not there and in the right moment we have to punish. Really pleased for the momentum that we have with the 14/15 players we had available. We are who we are.

"I know the players how they are and the players will come back. They will do everything for the team."

Was the previous record held by someone who ultimately lost in a penalty shoot out, I do think it’s not right this record unless that’s the case, we lost to Madrid whether it’s 90/120 or penalties we did lose. However if the previous holder also did this then I agree.
Technically, penalties are just a way to decide who goes through when a game is drawn. They are not considered to be part of the game itself. So officially and legitimately, we drew the game. We didn’t go through because we lost the penalty shoot out. But we didn’t lose the match, only the shootout.

Not a fan of rehearsed songbook approach but it wasnt as monotonous as some and they were loud in fairness however they can fuck right off with their throwing shit aswell as the pathetic fan with a united shirt on.
I’ve noticed these Eurovision fans can’t fucking take banter. They take themselves far too seriously and see their arse massively when we take the piss out of them.

Funny as fuck seeing a young City fan, right by the devide when they were kicking off, about 8 stone wet through, take his top off and give it the ‘look at my biceps’ pose, pointing a load of their lads out… his arms looked like two pieces of rope with a knot tied in them, he was about 14 and skinny as fuck but he was giving it their lot. Riot Police had to come down to stop them getting to him, he’d have got leathered but he wasn’t arsed one bit, offered about a dozen of their lads out.

The atmosphere around the kicking off sparked that game into what it became. We’d have won that game 1 or 2-0 without that happening. Everything on and off the pitch was dull before then.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.