Speedway

Used to go to Belle Vue every Friday night for a good few years about 20-25 years ago, during the years of Jason Lyons, Joe Screen and Sam Ermelenko et al

Really got into it, and loved watching the Grand Prix, and I vaguely recall going to Bradford and Coventry for some sort ot Championship meeting

Used to love the fact that if you spoke to the right person, you could get into the pit before the meeting to have a walk around

Will never forget the smell of the shale

Used to go to Belle Vue every Friday night for a good few years about 20-25 years ago, during the years of Jason Lyons, Joe Screen and Sam Ermelenko et al

Really got into it, and loved watching the Grand Prix, and I vaguely recall going to Bradford and Coventry for some sort ot Championship meeting

Used to love the fact that if you spoke to the right person, you could get into the pit before the meeting to have a walk around

Will never forget the smell of the shale
I could have written this word for word.

It used to be the family Friday night out.

I could have written this word for word.

It used to be the family Friday night out.
I went with a couple of mates and my mates Dad

Just another memory that has just cropped up, was going into the souvenir section and buying pictures of the riders, and then getting them signed as they casually walked passed you on the stairs up to the bar after the meeting

This thread has just opened up a load of memories that I've not even thought about for 20 years!

I went with a couple of mates and my mates Dad

Just another memory that has just cropped up, was going into the souvenir section and buying pictures of the riders, and then getting them signed as they casually walked passed you on the stairs up to the bar after the meeting

This thread has just opened up a load of memories that I've not even thought about for 20 years!
Same here.

I'm getting flashbacks to one I think against Sheffield Eagles that went to the last heat.

Filling in the program after each race etc.

Do any of you follow the Sport ?. I have just finished watching the GP. I am a massive Aces fan.
Love it. Goto to watch the Aces a couple of times each season. Wish I lived closer would go all the time. We had a team years ago where I live when I was a kid called Barrow Bombers and then Furness Flyers.

Ha,
used to love standing on the corners so you’d get battered by the shale as Ivan Mauger came roaring into the first bend .
No brakes
Mental .
Same era as me at Hyde Road - Ove Fundin, Ivan Mauger, Soren Sjosten then into the 70s with Peter Collins and Chris Morton. The Aces always had a couple of world class riders racing for them in those days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.