Speedway

I still watch the GP's now when I can, but so many happy childhood memories of the 70's and 80's reminds me of my Dad (divorced parents, his weekend etc.) Alan Wilkinson, Peter Collins, Chris Morton, Mike Lohmann, as mentioned earlier - the souvenir shop, filling in your program while leaning on an Aces clipboard, smell of the shale, I'm sat here like an idiot smiling to myself.

Speedway not my thing, but Scrambling is mental. The Lampkin family were the stars in my day.

Used to watch the Aces at Hyde Rd with my dad early 80's, pulled some decent crowds and was a sad day when it closed, but no way that stadium could have stayed open after the tragic fire at Valley Parade.

Remembering the great days of Belle Vue Aces took me back to this by one of my favourite bands of the time.

Loved it back in the olden days. The smell will stay with me for life.
We used to jump on the track and pick up the tearaway visors after each heat.
If we weren't able to go, we could always listen to it, sitting on the hill across from the (shit grinders) sewage treatment plant in Failsworth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.