Splitting the Bill

Is the correct answer.
Its what we do as a group of pals. We know the crack. But its not a game, we dont try and out do each other, we just dont meet up often and consider it a treat so will have steaks etc.
if you order chicken nuggets n chips well arent ya daft!

We had one pal who many years ago stopped coming because hes tight as cramp amd couldnt deal with bill sharing. Hes started coming again now and admits he was silly and has missed out.
Lifes too short mate

Reactions: PPT
Its what we do as a group of pals. We know the crack. But its not a game, we dont try and out do each other, we just dont meet up often and consider it a treat so will have steaks etc.
if you order chicken nuggets n chips well arent ya daft!

We had one pal who many years ago stopped coming because hes tight as cramp amd couldnt deal with bill sharing. Hes started coming again now and admits he was silly and has missed out.
Lifes too short mate
An old mate of mine used to take my wife out for a meal when she came over from Spain to the UK to visit friends and family, He always, without fail, used to collect and save 2 for 1 vouchers and use those. He really did have expense management down to a fine art.
I swear he could pull a lit cigarette out of a packet of 10 without anybody knowing, it really was sight to behold....
and restaurant bills would embarrasingly be split down and worked out to the penny, quite a few times I have just paid the full bill to avoid the embarrasment and hopefully get the message across....no chance, he really was the epitome of tight.

If I didn’t feel comfortable enough around someone to call them a **** and to get their hand in their tight arsed pocket if they’re eating the dearest shit, then I wouldn’t want to be having a meal with them to start with.

Although I’m more likely to just pay it without even noticing what every other fucker is ordering.

Order the most expensive thing yourself

This is the problem.

To be honest, I’ve gone through the ‘don’t be a tight arse and just split the bill angle’ and said I’m only paying for what me and Mrs have done. First I got stick , now everyone does the same.

Also - get whoever is organising to pre book what meal they want, and if anyone wants drinks then go to the bar separately for them if it caters for that.

You need to either:
1) Summon the courage to propose splitting the bill,
2) Suck it up, or
3) Eat and drink more.

Personally, unless others are being excessive, I think (1) looks a bit tight fisted.

Same with my pal. In one respect, he has more money than any of us, as we all inch over 50 hes has retirement firmly within grasp and will be very comfortable, and i totally respect how he has managed his money over the years. Every single penny has a value.
Im a bit spend easy and although i do save and pay into pensions i can be a bit easy cone easy go with brass.

But my pal admits now that he wishes he had been more relaxed and not missed out on all the meals/weekends away etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.