11 wins out of 26 games this season.

lost 2 of 19 Prem Games

drawn 6 PL games which is equivalent to losing 4 games

lost 6 out of 26 games in all competitions

win rate of 42%

Re: Whinging bar studs

Prestwich_Blue said:
pedigreeblue said:
Every time we lose a game or sometimes even just drop a point, the Whinging collective are out in force, blaming everyone from Chappers, to Mancini. I can't think of one player who hasn't recieved some sort of criticism. Now are these short memoried whingers the same 'fans' who boo there own team and berate some of our own players during the game? Does anyone share the same opinion as me, that there is a certain something holding us back from greatness, and it may well be that small percentage of brain dead supporters who perhaps don't understand what supporting a team is all about!
You're the one who's brain dead if you think a few posts on here or groans at the ground will make the difference between us winning the league or not.

And there's another thread on the same topic which I'm merging this with.

Do you think a player who is having a drop in form or who is struggling to adjust to life in the Prem is more likely to improve with encouragement from his supporters or having to listen to some muppet telling him he's shit, and every bad pass he makes get booed. Will not improved individual performances help us win the league ?

I would be very surprised if Sheik Mansour likes what he's seeing on the pitch at the moment. I believe he watches every game.... So City, management and players, for your own sakes get stuck in and improve. The guy as put great amounts of faith and cash your way,rightfully he expects better.

Re: Whinging bar studs

pedigreeblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pedigreeblue said:
Every time we lose a game or sometimes even just drop a point, the Whinging collective are out in force, blaming everyone from Chappers, to Mancini. I can't think of one player who hasn't recieved some sort of criticism. Now are these short memoried whingers the same 'fans' who boo there own team and berate some of our own players during the game? Does anyone share the same opinion as me, that there is a certain something holding us back from greatness, and it may well be that small percentage of brain dead supporters who perhaps don't understand what supporting a team is all about!
You're the one who's brain dead if you think a few posts on here or groans at the ground will make the difference between us winning the league or not.

Do you think a player who is having a drop in form or who is struggling to adjust to life in the Prem is more likely to improve with encouragement from his supporters or having to listen to some muppet telling him he's shit, and every bad pass he makes get booed. Will not improved individual performances help us win the league ?
I think that the majority of fans do support the players. Were you at Sunderland yesterday? If you were you wouldn't have heard any booing or abuse. But if players take the wrong option or play stupid balls then there'll be a reaction. Always has been and always will be.

I agree that booing players coming on or cheering ironically when players get subbed is not right. I certainly don't agree with singling players out for abuse like Richard Edghill was.

But I also think that players know when they've been poor and that they don't need us to tell them. It's up to them to put it right.

our team knows whats going on..... they will bail us out but its gonna be very hard work starting with norwich then stoke.

just beat them, cut throat early doors type of finishing the game off.

Exactly.

Everyone can have a great game. It's like saying Darren Ambrose is the best midfielder in England because he was excellent at Old Trafford in the FL Cup last season.

Try 6 excellent performances against decent opposition. Forster is at least as good as Joe, Cech is better, but all are close. The last time Joe had competition, he all but handed a transfer request in! Bobby rates Joe, but is already looking at adding someone who will provide a real challenge in the future.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
pedigreeblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I think that the majority of fans do support the players. Were you at Sunderland yesterday? If you were you wouldn't have heard any booing or abuse. But if players take the wrong option or play stupid balls then there'll be a reaction. Always has been and always will be.

I agree that booing players coming on or cheering ironically when players get subbed is not right. I certainly don't agree with singling players out for abuse like Richard Edghill was.

But I also think that players know when they've been poor and that they don't need us to tell them. It's up to them to put it right.

Booing our players is not an option, I met Richard Edghill a few months ago, it was an utter disgrace the way some of our so called "fans" treated him. I never want to witness that again.

Josh Blue said:
Not just outs but in general it seems football fans are becoming like brats.

Ourselves for example, do we have to win the league every season otherwise these brats will want the manager out?

Is it our throw-away consumer culture? Always looking for a quick fix? So what is we finish second? It means we will have watched some great football and finished as the second best team in the country....roll on next year.

Why win at all costs? why not enjoy supporting the team and have a good time. Fair enough if we were struggling to get into the top 6 and or we were getting hammered by other teams like Villa are.

I read on one thread "Mancini can't take any credit for our recent success".

Basically saying it was all down to Mansour and Khaldoon?

Well correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Mancini that has improved Richards, Zab, Lescott, Kompany and Barry with training. You could argue he has improved Clichy as well.

I know it a lot of it has to do with keeping up with the rags and if it was someone else was in 1st place we might be a bit calmer but some of the stuff I read on here is pathetic.

there is nothing spoilt about traipsing up and down the country spending at least 100 quid a time to see the wrong 11 play like a bunch of strangers.

Josh Blue said:
Not just outs but in general it seems football fans are becoming like brats.

Ourselves for example, do we have to win the league every season otherwise these brats will want the manager out?

Is it our throw-away consumer culture? Always looking for a quick fix? So what is we finish second? It means we will have watched some great football and finished as the second best team in the country....roll on next year.

Why win at all costs? why not enjoy supporting the team and have a good time. Fair enough if we were struggling to get into the top 6 and or we were getting hammered by other teams like Villa are.

I read on one thread "Mancini can't take any credit for our recent success".

Basically saying it was all down to Mansour and Khaldoon?

Well correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Mancini that has improved Richards, Zab, Lescott, Kompany and Barry with training. You could argue he has improved Clichy as well.

I know it a lot of it has to do with keeping up with the rags and if it was someone else was in 1st place we might be a bit calmer but some of the stuff I read on here is pathetic.
Your right up until the formation of the Premier league once appointed Managers always died in the job and fans never complained if they thought the manager was doing a poor job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.