SPORT OPTIONS & SPIKE - CLF - UPDATE TUESDAY 18 MAY @ 9PM

A few years back I registered on the uefa site to be entered in to ballots for CL final tickets as there is a quota that are available over and above each clubs allocation (touch and go if I’d have enough points @ 16k).
Tonight I received a mail from uefa inviting me to apply for tickets via a ballot for the uefa EUROPA league final to be played in Poland. Yeah...like I’d even want one of those!
However, I have received no such mail from uefa regarding the champions league final in Istanbul 3 days later!
I can only draw two conclusions from this:
1. No fans attending ....apart from ‘the family’ or..
2.It may not take place as scheduled in Istanbul given the COVID situation?
I think they are still waiting on discussions with the Istanbul organisers and working out how many fans could be allowed before they make a final call on it

I think they are still waiting on discussions with the Istanbul organisers and working out how many fans could be allowed before they make a final call on it
Agree mate, it’s probably all down to negotiations but these would have to involve not only the Turkish football authorities but also the Turkish government at national level and I would assume they would have the final say on whether this goes ahead as originally planned.
Not withstanding this countries stance on foreign travel.
Who knows? ....if common sense is anything to go by, expect the exact opposite from uefa.

Agree mate, it’s probably all down to negotiations but these would have to involve not only the Turkish football authorities but also the Turkish government at national level and I would assume they would have the final say on whether this goes ahead as originally planned.
Not withstanding this countries stance on foreign travel.
Who knows? ....if common sense is anything to go by, expect the exact opposite from uefa.
oh 100% this could go anyway, anyway I think the most realistic outcome will be it being held in Istanbul still but with 9,000 - 12,000 fans so literally a few thousand tickets to each club,

oh 100% this could go anyway, anyway I think the most realistic outcome will be it being held in Istanbul still but with 9,000 - 12,000 fans so literally a few thousand tickets to each club,
Yeah don’t think I’ll qualify for a ticket if thats the case but if we make it through and there‘s positive news on travel I think I‘ll be going regardless :-)

Yeah don’t think I’ll qualify for a ticket if thats the case but if we make it through and there‘s positive news on travel I think I‘ll be going regardless :-)
May I ask - were you on the Champions League Cup Direct Scheme in 19/20?

I've had a look at the Europa League final press release by UEFA and I think that this part is key:

“Supporters from abroad will have to comply with border entry restrictions and requirements that will be in force at the time of the final as no exemptions will be granted to ticket holders.

Access to the stadium will be granted in line with the applicable local legislation, which is to be confirmed by the local authorities during this week and may include the need for proof of a vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test result.”

As it stands, the Turkish authorities are looking to embrace tourists so the need for a negative PCR test is not required. The issue is returning home and it is highly likely that Turkey will not be on the "green list" in the near future. This will most probably mean it will require 10 days of isolation and two tests upon return to the UK. I can see this being a costly exercise for many and a meaningful deterrent. Assuming that fans are allowed to attend from the clubs, I reckon that anyone determined enough to go will stand a good chance of getting a ticket.

Loads of ifs and buts admittedly, not least seeing off PSG tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.