Sporting CP (H) - CL Last 16 - Wed 9th March, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit disappointed Delap isn't getting a start. I'd like to see how he does against a defence that hasn't been chasing the ball for 70 minutes.

Thought it would be a McAtee and Gundo midfield but the former could always come on. Edozie has just returned from injury so I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t feature but would be happy if he got some minutes.

Pep respects the competition and opposition so he hasn’t thrown more youngsters in. We all know the MO with Pep so I won’t be down about his decision.

Disappointed Mcatee isn't starting. Hopefully we see him in the second half at least.

Thrilled for Egan-Riley, and excited to see him play. Hope his foray into CL football goes well!

Fingers crossed we'll be in a position to see some more of the kids in the second half.

Not shocked with that, about what I was expecting. Still think it's unnecessary to have our only 2 senior centre backs on the pithh and playing Bernardo. Mbete could have played 90 and foden could have had a game in midfield if Pep has any intention of making that his position with delap/Mcatee coming in upfront. Hopefully he makes plenty of subs early. Expecting this to be a stroll, quite literally, maybe not the score but in our play at least, no injuries is the priority here.

We can make up to five subs so as long as we're not too casual in the first half, I'm sure the likes of Mbete, Edozie, Kayky, McAtee and Delap will get a good runout.

Hopefully a couple of them will get the whole second half.

Rodri, Mahrez,Grealish and DeBruyne rested.
Walker suspended.
Ake, Cancelo, Dias, Steffen all injured.
The likes of Zinchenko, Jesus and Fernandinho could all do with a run out.

It wouldn't be our first choice starting team but good enough to allow some of the youngsters to play later in the game.
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.