Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

MCFC BOB said:
SWP's back said:
MCFC BOB said:
A whining little turd that was right about something he was branded a whining little turd for.

Don't like this place when it gets like that.
Fuck me bob. If you wake up every day and say "I'm gonna die today", one day you will be correct but it hardly helps your enjoyment of life.

You ever think some people don't like your repeatedly depressing, berry, whiney, attention seeking posts each and every bloody week of the season.
Then foe me. Couldn't give less of a fuck if you did.
Fuck me Bob! Chill out mate.

How fucking daft are you and more than a few others going to look when we murder them next week?

SWP's back said:
MCFC BOB said:
SWP's back said:
You're the one crying that you don't like this place like a little girl. Man up (if you have that in your locker which I doubt)
What is "manning up" to you?
Having the strength of your convictions that the incredibly talented team you support may win the odd game without having kittens (and expressing them) before each and every game on the off chance that sometimes you'll be right and you can crow about it.
I did say we'd beat Sporting 4-0 next week, mate.<br /><br />-- March 8th, 2012, 11:17 pm --<br /><br />
mancitygaz said:
MCFC BOB said:
SWP's back said:
Fuck me bob. If you wake up every day and say "I'm gonna die today", one day you will be correct but it hardly helps your enjoyment of life.

You ever think some people don't like your repeatedly depressing, berry, whiney, attention seeking posts each and every bloody week of the season.

How fucking daft are you and more than a few others going to look when we murder them next week?
I said we would murder them, but that post was ignored - conveniently.

Marvin said:
dctid said:
robertsuki said:
FOR ALL OF YOU WITH ROSE COLOURED GLASSES lets look at the facts.
Awful performance tonight from most players.
Team selection was poor - clichy at right back and lescott on the bench.
- barry milner and de jong in midfield.
Front two were both poor and isolated.
At the start of the night Sporting were there for the taking and we did not capitalize.
Barry and especially Milner do not have the composure and concede possession too easily.

As for the return leg remember we did not score an away goal and need to win by two clear goals.They will play on the counter as did Napoli and I think it may be nerve racking.

I do not wish to be doom and gloom but with our current away form we have a very fraught time ahead especially in the league.

In December I was wondering how many trophies we would win whereas now I am very frightened that we may have to wait another season.Lets sincerely hope I am wrong .

this
There for the taking? Are you sure?

City dominated possession and had the majority of chances. It's not easy to open teams up away from home if they choose to play that way. I prefer Mancini's summing up of the game. Infinitely better than your own.

I'd have thought an avid City fan would know why Clichy played at right back
should have started with Kolo Toure at right back if you couldnt work it out and we didnt score

MCFC BOB said:
SWP's back said:
MCFC BOB said:
What is "manning up" to you?
Having the strength of your convictions that the incredibly talented team you support may win the odd game without having kittens (and expressing them) before each and every game on the off chance that sometimes you'll be right and you can crow about it.
I did say we'd beat Sporting 4-0 next week, mate.

-- March 8th, 2012, 11:17 pm --

mancitygaz said:
MCFC BOB said:

I said we would murder them, but that post was ignored - conveniently.
Didn't see that

SWP's back said:
Then fair enough, I wasn't in the match day thread as they do my fucking head in.
It was in the post-match thread. Here:

I think we did enough to score tonight - hit the woodwork twice, had numerous chances flash just wide of the post and had a great header saved in the first half - but it just wasn't to be. Sporting's home record is actually really impressive, but so is ours. Unfortunately, we'll dick Lisbon 4-0 next week at ours and we'll progress in a competition that is actually going to be a drain on the squad for almost no reward. Kompany probably out of the Swansea game now when we need him most thanks to playing tonight, but at least we'll have Yaya back.

We went out of the Europa League on March 17th at this stage last season and we went on to win 8 out of 11 in all competitions, which got us the FA Cup and third place in the Premier League. Would going out at this stage win us the Premier League this season?

And this was missed by most of you:

The team City played the majority of the match with: Hart; Clichy, Toure, Lescott, Kolarov; de Jong, Barry, Milner, Silva; Aguero, Dzeko.

City's strongest team: Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Yaya, Barry, Silva, Nasri; Aguero, Balotelli.

We were nowhere near full strength, so wait until we are before you start with the "we're average" bollocks. Without Yaya, we're not the same team at all but with him we're better than 95%-99% of the footballing world and you know that.

My views:

Hart - Should have done better for the goal, made a couple of similar mistakes this year however he's been brilliant for us the rest of the time, so you can't really criticise the guy.

Kolo+ Lescott - Fairly solid, we're troubled a couple of times with some tricky feet around the area, could have done better to cover Hart for the goal but other than that they were ok.

Clichy - Felt sorry for him, he struggled tonight OOP

Kolarov - One of our best players, really finding some consistency with his deliveries

Barry. Milner + De Jong - Poor ball retention and struggled to get a hold of the ball in the midfield.We were overrun in midfield which is something you wouldn't expect when these three are playing. All disappointing.

Silva - Showed some glimpses of class, but struggled to truly put his stamp on the game or create chances

Aguero - Wasn't his night at all. He was out-muscled at times by the centre backs however in fairness to him, he starved of service for most of the night.

Dzeko - He had one of his shockers. Couldn't hold it up, we looked better when he went off, he should have gone of sooner.

Balo - Seemed to give us some impetus and lifted the other players with his presence. One of his best cameos in a City shirt.

MCFC BOB said:
Two positive posts and nobody says a word about them. What do I have to do? ):
Well done on them but remember that people always remember the bad.

Mancini obviously had one eye on Sunday with the team selection and has rightly prioritized the league.
Not a great day at the office today for the players selected but for the life of me I can't understand why some are so pissed off.
We're going to have a fairly fresh team for Sunday and are definitely favourites to progress in the Europa.
So stop fucking moaning some of you.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 am --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
Two positive posts and nobody says a word about them. What do I have to do? ):
Don't read the match day threads mate and have one eye on QT. Please forgive me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.