Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Did I really hear Mancini say we deserved to win? What an idiot. Who does he think he's fooling?
We had more chances them then for sure.
A save from a Kolo Toure header aside I can't remember Rui Patricio having to make too many saves though. Hart had virtually nothing to do either. We were really, really poor, but Sporting weren't exactly awesome. If they can only beat us 1-0 after such a terrible performance from City it leaves me still fairly confident we'll progress next Thursday.

Matty said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Did I really hear Mancini say we deserved to win? What an idiot. Who does he think he's fooling?
We had more chances them then for sure.
A save from a Kolo Toure header aside I can't remember Rui Patricio having to make too many saves though. Hart had virtually nothing to do either. We were really, really poor, but Sporting weren't exactly awesome. If they can only beat us 1-0 after such a terrible performance from City it leaves me still fairly confident we'll progress next Thursday.

mario hitting the bar, sergio clip over the keeper hit defender, kolorov screamer just past the post, same with gaz baz. we had chances.

bluwes said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Blue Si O.B said:
Who the fuck was that rag **** commentator?

Dreary Drury and the Dipper Beglin. they so wanted the pens when it hit Jole and Kolo. Bloody shits the pair of them.

Are you serious, they were both taking the p***s out of the Portugese TV coverage for keep replaying them , saying its not going to hit his hand no matter how many times you watch it

Agreed, seems the default stance on here to slag the commentators off no matter what!

Thought overall it was a poor performance.....However, one we could quite easily have walked away winning.

We had a few good chances, Balo hitting the bar, Agueros little chip, kolo Header, which on another would have gone in. One of Balo's better performances last night also, was tearing them apart when he came on. Thought he should have kept Barry on, and took de jong off. Barry is more all over the place and can give more to the team going forward. Plus Nige was on a yellow.

Overall i think the home performance will be MUCH better and we will progress to the next round. Balotelli mist start for me, hes definitely upping his game at the moment!!

For me we did not play well and had too many players under par for whatever reason. Having said that we created lots and are only 1-0 down at half time in the tie.

Clichy was moved to right back and for me he played OK but we really missed having an outlet on the right going forward. With 2 defensive mids its key that the fullbacks get forward as much as possible and create. Clichy did not look comfortable doing this on the right so I think we were a little lob sided.

Kun had a shocker, I love him so he is allowed one, Edin was the same, he seemed to be trying too hard. David was maeked out of the game and our midfield movement was not good enough on the whole - when we did pass and move we were miles ahead of Lisbon.

NDJ needs to speed up his distribution, so many times he looked to pass then turned the overway and then turned back and then gave the ball. I have said this before though.

For the goal Joe could have pushed it away to the side more and Lescott should have been more on his toes.

But Sunday is more important for me and I am glad we have hopefully had a glich in Europe and not the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.