Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

Lisbon's backheel goal not as good as Wanchope's!!! 4-0 at the Etihad, if not, who cares, Premier League is the real target!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Did I really hear Mancini say we deserved to win? What an idiot. Who does he think he's fooling?
Based on chances created I'd say he's right.

But answer me this, anyone: when we went out of the FA Cup it was a "great chance to rest players" for Premier League games, but when we're in the Europa League it's suddenly not a good idea to surrender the competition and "rest players for Premier League games". Why is that?

Dire performance. To be fair, porto away was pretty bad but was papered over the cracks thanks to Yaya and them gifting us two goals. Yesterday we didn't have Yaya and weren't gifted any goals so we lost.

Yes they put men behind the ball but it's up to us to dictate play and we decided to play at a snails pace, showing zero intent and never making it pass the middle third unless we gave it to Dave who was expected to weave magic on his own. On the few occasions Dave did weave his magic he had little or nothing to aim for, or Dzeko who duly kicked it out of play or passed it to a lisbon player.

Another dire away performance. I think we'll do them in the home leg but let's face facts - the chances of us winning this competition are slim and none

They only just beat us and i think it was probably as bad as we#ve played this season.

There were so many players off their game it was unbelievable

Aguero - nothing went right for him
Silva - same
Dzeko - one of these game were his touch is dreadful - happening to often
Milner - gave the ball away so many times when under no pressure

Thats pretty much our forward line on the night so no wonder we didn't score.

Still think we can get through though

I can only think we were conserving energy for the next 2 games. How we couldn´t score against that lot is beyond me. Once again rank finishing. We should be renamed Profligacy City imo. I know we create the chances , and that´s good, but I can´t think of a team that fails to put away so many. Our conversion rate must be dire although I´ve no doubt someone on here will prove me wrong ;)

Joe and defence at fault for the goal to boot

Need a stellar away performance Sun - about time we had one

What a shit performance but I'm not worried, we'll smash em at home, they don't have half the quality of porto

Im not sure why we are so bad in Europe, we just are. I haven't seen us play well at all under Mancini, I can't decide whether he is relying on Platt and Kiddo to produce the gameplan and if this is the problem or whether he is just utterly clueless....in any event I'm now convinced we will not win this competion, we will limp along to the quarters and get beat by Valencia, Bilboa, or AC Madrid.

I would also like to say I totally disagreed with dropping an in form Aguero last week...I was told it was to rest him for Europe....he is going to need a few games to get his form back now imo.

mike channon´s windmill said:
I can only think we were conserving energy for the next 2 games. How we couldn´t score against that lot is beyond me. Once again rank finishing. We should be renamed Profligacy City imo. I know we create the chances , and that´s good, but I can´t think of a team that fails to put away so many. Our conversion rate must be dire although I´ve no doubt someone on here will prove me wrong ;)

Joe and defence at fault for the goal to boot

Need a stellar away performance Sun - about time we had one

Imagine how good our goal difference could be if we scored more goals lol ;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Did I really hear Mancini say we deserved to win? What an idiot. Who does he think he's fooling?
We had more chances them then for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.