Sporting v City: Post Match Discussion Thread

We were rubbish but I fancy we will beat them quite easily at home. Some really dreadful performances today, especially Dzeko, Milner, and Aguero. We miss Yaya whenever he's out and no one else can offer what he does in midfield, which is probably why Bob wants Martinez. Balotelli showed just what a player he can become if he sorts his head out, he turned the game nearly 180 on its feet and got one of their players suspended for next week.

Balotelli and Tevez in... Aguero and Dzeko can sit on the bench. The pair of them have been useless, people can kiss Agueros backside all they like but he misses sitter after sitter. It was actually embarrassing to watch mario contribute more in just 10 mins than the rest did in the full 90.

Pile of shite.

Still think we will turn them over in the second leg though.

Hart - 6

Kolorov - 6
Lescott - 5
Toure - 5
Clichy - 6

Milner - 4
De Jong - 6
Barry - 5
Silva - 5

Aguero - 5
Dxeko - 4

Blue Si O.B said:
Who the fuck was that rag **** commentator?

Dreary Drury and the Dipper Beglin. they so wanted the pens when it hit Jole and Kolo. Bloody shits the pair of them.

Far too tentative. We needed an expansive game and we play to contain. The minute Balo comes on he frightens the shite out of them. He has got to start next week. Poor games from Aguero and Silva. (Shan't mention the Bosnian!)

Awful performance, notably from Dzeko who I didn't see pull anything off today. If someone can remember him actually completing a pass, please enlighten me.

We struggled a lot with the passing. We missed width, which could have been created with Milner at right back and AJ in the midfield. Clichy didn't do it tonight at right back, through no fault of his own.

Their goal was weak as well, although the back heal was quality.

Mancini's substitutions were bizarre. I'd have brough on Pizarro instead of Nasri, and I would have brough Balotelli on much sooner. Pizarro would have added much needed experience, and Balotelli would have and did brighten things up. I also wouldn't have taken Barry off. Nigel de Jong, good game or bad, slows things down too much.

All in all, one of the worst performances I've seen this season. I expected better and am disappointed. But hopefully we can pull it around at the Etihad, although it is now a very tough game because if they score one goal, we need three, which is doable, but still worries me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.