Sports you just dont 'get'

Yeah, if you live in certain states of Australia it's the only sport that is covered in the media,it's like the rest of the world is wrong, we are right.
They almost have a wank if someone catches a ball and all the players are skinny giants who run around like headless chickens.You also get a consolation point for missing a goal,they play against a G.A.A. side occasionally and it ends up in a bloodbath,with the Irish complaining about roughhouse tactics.In a nutshell.
Joycee Banercheck said:
What is AFL? Is it Aussie rules?

waterloo blue said:
Yeah, if you live in certain states of Australia it's the only sport that is covered in the media,it's like the rest of the world is wrong, we are right.
They almost have a wank if someone catches a ball and all the players are skinny giants who run around like headless chickens.You also get a consolation point for missing a goal,they play against a G.A.A. side occasionally and it ends up in a bloodbath,with the Irish complaining about roughhouse tactics.In a nutshell.
Joycee Banercheck said:
What is AFL? Is it Aussie rules?

Aussie rules is a good game to watch once you learn the rules,the main problem i find,is that they change the rules every fucking year.
Gave up on it a couple of years ago.

MCFC BOB said:
And yet without all these sports we don't "get", we wouldn't have an Olympics.
That's handy, cos I was about to say "most things in the Olympics". Athletics is sport with all semblance of skill taken out of it and most of the other 'sports' (like curling, bowls, archery, shooting etc) are just glorified hobbies.

The problem is that the vast majority of sports are great to play but shit to watch, so if you don't play them you're never going to enjoy them. Hockey, for example, is pretty much unwatchable on TV and who really wants to watch a load of people run around a track 457 times? I recently started playing golf and I'm addicted to it, but I still can't bring myself to sit watching it for hours on end on TV.

The exception to the above is Rugby Union; spectator-friendly but just an utterly pointless game. Twenty fat hairy men piling on top of each other every time the 'ball' hits the deck is not a sport.

Darts,fucking darts,2 fat fuckers throwing sharp feathers at a fucking cork board while a mob of nob heads are drinking lager like,well nob heads,and screaming out fuck knows what to fuck knows where and to fuck knows who.Fucking darts a kiddies game for fuckwits and drunken fuckwits ! (you can tell i dont like darts cant you ?)

pominoz said:
waterloo blue said:

Aussie rules is a good game to watch once you learn the rules,the main problem i find,is that they change the rules every fucking year.
Gave up on it a couple of years ago.
I used to catch the highlights on trans-world sports (a TV show that was on a few years bacl) and it looked quite good. Plus, Billy Kennedy was awesome at it in Neighbours. My Dad used to say that it was just Gaelic footy with a few more rules.

I cant believe the amount of people on here that are not into cricket.
Even if you dont know a googly from a leg break, a bouncer from an inswinger, an off drive from a hook, seeing a batsman hook a short pitched delivery over backward square leg 100 yards away, or a bowler hitting a batsmans helmet at over 90 mph is sport in the extreme, and wether you are sitting watching with a nice cold pint in your hand, or ducking a beamer, it is a great game.
Now, formula 1, that is a different category of fish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.