Spuds Watch

Spurs fan in peace said:
last season surprised me even when we beat bolton-the saturday before the City game I wasn't confident because Spurs always let you down, i think now we have a much stronger resolve, everyone says the CL will affect our league form but you'll play just as many if not more european games. You guys are all saying we're a one season wonder and you're much better than us and you'll defo beat us to it this year and I undertand that you're confident you've a great squad I just would presume you'll def finish about us. i'd say there'll be alot of twists and turns along the way.

I don't think anyones doubting that Spurs have a good side but City never really got going last season. This year we look far better and Spurs don't look much different, in fact I'd suggest that you look abit weaker. Baring in mind how close it finished last season, at this stage in the season we've ever reason to be confident. We're defending well and some of our movement and interplay is brilliant at times. Knocking the ball around on the half way line when your two nil up might not make it onto match of the day but it's the sign of a very strong side. I honestly think that we could finish third ahead of the rags if we keep it up. But as you say there will be twists and turns, and it would be City without a fuck up along the way.

dannybcity said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
last season surprised me even when we beat bolton-the saturday before the City game I wasn't confident because Spurs always let you down, i think now we have a much stronger resolve, everyone says the CL will affect our league form but you'll play just as many if not more european games. You guys are all saying we're a one season wonder and you're much better than us and you'll defo beat us to it this year and I undertand that you're confident you've a great squad I just would presume you'll def finish about us. i'd say there'll be alot of twists and turns along the way.

I don't think anyones doubting that Spurs have a good side but City never really got going last season. This year we look far better and Spurs don't look much different, in fact I'd suggest that you look abit weaker. Baring in mind how close it finished last season, at this stage in the season we've ever reason to be confident. We're defending well and some of our movement and interplay is brilliant at times. Knocking the ball around on the half way line when your two nil up might not make it onto match of the day but it's the sign of a very strong side. I honestly think that we could finish third ahead of the rags if we keep it up. But as you say there will be twists and turns, and it would be City without a fuck up along the way.
well I don't see how you can say we look weaker, we've added to the squad we beat wolves who by the way took 6 points off us last season, and everyone on here calls it luck? Eh we dominated the game! That's a bit unfair. Also City are obv a very strong side but still didn't beat blackburn and lost to Sunderland. Also in the only game we've played against each other we dominated it, sure you need time to gel etc but in the very next game you thumped pool. I think it'll be extremely close between us you and liverpool.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:50 am --<br /><br />
dannybcity said:
Spurs fan in peace said:

well I don't see how you can say we look weaker, we've added to the squad we beat wolves who by the way took 6 points off us last season, and everyone on here calls it luck? Eh we dominated the game! That's a bit unfair. Also City are obv a very strong side but still didn't beat blackburn and lost to Sunderland. Also in the only game we've played against each other we dominated it, sure you need time to gel etc but in the very next game you thumped pool. I think it'll be extremely close between us you and liverpool.

Spurs fan in peace said:
dannybcity said:

well I don't see how you can say we look weaker, we've added to the squad we beat wolves who by the way took 6 points off us last season, and everyone on here calls it luck? Eh we dominated the game! That's a bit unfair. Also City are obv a very strong side but still didn't beat blackburn and lost to Sunderland. Also in the only game we've played against each other we dominated it, sure you need time to gel etc but in the very next game you thumped pool. I think it'll be extremely close between us you and liverpool.

Well obviously I don't spend all my time watching Spurs but I've seen afew games and afew sets of highlights and somethings striking me as not quite right. You battered us in the first half at yours but didn't score, the same can be said for Wolves. Now we can praise the goalkeepers but a truely top striker should be putting at least one away and the goals conceded away at Breman and Young Boys is just sloppy. I'm a huge fan of Dawson, I thought he was outstanding last season and he'll be missed big time, as will Defoe. Obviously you'll know better than I, if you think you're playing better this season than last then fair enough, I'll take your word for it.

4th place is the default. We should be going out with a positive outlook that we are assured CL football and going for the other teams, apart from Spuds, who finished over us. Last season we spent too much time looking over our shoulder, taking our eye off the ball occasionally, and not demonstrating sufficient ambition to take three points from teams that were ripe for it - Dippers home, MANUre home and Spuds home. I think that deficiency has been addressed, but the major difference this season is that our defence is much better than the attack. We are blanking out teams at one end whilst we need double figure chances to get ahead. Now the team has been strengthened and once the ball starts rolling . . . . . . .

bluemoon32 said:
Sabster said:
we are not aiming for 4th place.

We'll struggle to do better than 4th
we may well struggle foor 4th , but we must achieve it, the champs league is whats going to project us into the next level, so i dont care whether its 2nd 3rd or 4th, as long as we get into the cl.. (obviously the higher the better :-) )

Can't believe that anyone thinks the red dippers are a serious bet for the top four.
They have a lot of very average players.
Huge debts-with no real buyer in sight.
Their only real assets are Torres,Gerard,Reina and Cole....and Torres looks like he can't be arsed and would rather be somewhere else most of the time.
Their squad is paper thin.
They don't seem to have a "system" on the pitch that suits the players.
They have a generation of fans who know very little of dealing with "footballing adversity," and who can't seem to grasp that they are on the slide.
They have a manager who currently wears the expression of a rabbit caught in the headlights-and who has been left in a crap situation,with little money to buy players....and who has never managed a "big" club with expectations before.
And wosrt of all for them...there's absolutely zero "fear factor" shown by other teams in playing them any more.

Stop Gerard,stop Liverpool.

I can see them finishing 8th or 9th if they're lucky.If it really goes tits,worse.

Heard a rumour from a good journo source yesterday that Harry may be in a real spot of bover come Feb\March. He may well be on suicide watch never mind spurs watch.

Interesting thread. :)

I think most of us regard you as the main rivals for 4th (assuming the top 3 spots remains as they currently are).

In all fairness, doubt many of us would be disappointed/surprised if we fail to qualify for the CL again next year, plus you lot are bound to penetrate the top layers sooner or later.

Looking forward to an exciting season and some great football.

RBmk2 said:
Can't believe that anyone thinks the red dippers are a serious bet for the top four.
They have a lot of very average players.
Huge debts-with no real buyer in sight.
Their only real assets are Torres,Gerard,Reina and Cole....and Torres looks like he can't be arsed and would rather be somewhere else most of the time.
Their squad is paper thin.
They don't seem to have a "system" on the pitch that suits the players.
They have a generation of fans who know very little of dealing with "footballing adversity," and who can't seem to grasp that they are on the slide.
They have a manager who currently wears the expression of a rabbit caught in the headlights-and who has been left in a crap situation,with little money to buy players....and who has never managed a "big" club with expectations before.
And wosrt of all for them...there's absolutely zero "fear factor" shown by other teams in playing them any more.

Stop Gerard,stop Liverpool.

I can see them finishing 8th or 9th if they're lucky.If it really goes tits,worse.
hodgson thinks they will probablyfinish mid table too.

i couldnt believe they got 2 goals v the rags.from what i saw they never looked like scoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.