Spuds Watch

I expect, with our injuries and CL football, that you will comfortably finish above us this season. I will be totally stunned if we finish Top 4 again, and pretty surprised to get Top 6.

The top 5, without question, will be made up of Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City and Spurs, what the order will be is open to some debate.

Everton and Villa simply aren't strong enuogh, they've no real depth to speak of in their squads. Liverpool are in rebuild mode, they are seriously lacking in attacking options and flair and I can't see them making any real push for the Champion's League places.

We've played well at times so far, Liverpool at home was the best we've displayed. We should have beaten both Sunderland and Blackburn, based on the chances we had in those matches, but worringly we struggled to score goals. We'll be much harder to score against this season, we've only conceded twice so far, a penalty and a horrendous error, so hopefully that will even out the decrease in goals scored I'm predicting.

Spurs probably should have beaten us at White Hart Lane and got a good result at Stoke, however they were awful against Wigan and didn't play all that well at West Brom. Wolves on Saturday they probably deserved to win, however they were lucky that they managed to, scoring twice in the last few minutes when a draw looked likely (and the Hutton goal was the worst defending I've seen in a long while!).

All things considered we'll be close to Spurs throughout the season, but I think the Champion's League will take more out of them than the Europa League will for us.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
4th place is the default. We should be going out with a positive outlook that we are assured CL football and going for the other teams, apart from Spuds, who finished over us. Last season we spent too much time looking over our shoulder, taking our eye off the ball occasionally, and not demonstrating sufficient ambition to take three points from teams that were ripe for it - Dippers home, MANUre home and Spuds home. I think that deficiency has been addressed, but the major difference this season is that our defence is much better than the attack. We are blanking out teams at one end whilst we need double figure chances to get ahead. Now the team has been strengthened and once the ball starts rolling . . . . . . .

this is how i see it from the games we have played. Spurs will put a hatful past someone and then lose an 'easy' game, which is more or less how we were last season. This year our defence (which includes Mr Richards) has only shipped 2 goals in 5 games whcih should, if we can maintain it, make us more consistent. When our attack comes together we should take a real step forward, whereas Spurs are similar to last year but with CL to contend with as well.

If we lose big style on saturday then the above is officially bollocks.

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 pm --

More inconsistency from the spuds tonight. Leaking 4 goals at home is a pretty bad result no matter how weak a team you put out. And it wasnt that weak a side, especially in the second half where they threw on the 'big guns' to try to compete.

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 pm --

More inconsistency from the spuds tonight. Leaking 4 goals at home is a pretty bad result no matter how weak a team you put out. And it wasnt that weak a side, especially in the second half where they threw on the 'big guns' to try to compete.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:33 pm --<br /><br />
Spurs fan in peace said:
last season surprised me even when we beat bolton-the saturday before the City game I wasn't confident because Spurs always let you down, i think now we have a much stronger resolve, everyone says the CL will affect our league form but you'll play just as many if not more european games. You guys are all saying we're a one season wonder and you're much better than us and you'll defo beat us to it this year and I undertand that you're confident you've a great squad I just would presume you'll def finish about us. i'd say there'll be alot of twists and turns along the way.

Couple of twists in our favour today - bet you had mixed feelings about our win.

We now have three points on Spud, and +4 gd. Our next game home to Barcodes, Spuds home to Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.