Spurious Claim to Fame

When he was over a putt in the 1978 Manchester Open, I was told to "be quiet" by Tony Jacklin (I was only 9)

My mum grew up round the corner from Emlyn Hughes in Barrow and they used to play Tin Can Lurky in the evenings.

I DJ’d at what was probably Nigeria’s first ever (and possibly only) beach rave in 1999.

I nutmegged Nicky Butt in a school yard game of football, before unleashing a 20 yard rocket into the top corner (well...would have been top corner if there had been posts and a crossbar, rather than jumpers)

Recently found out Amanda Holden is a distant second cousin.

Played cricket on the same team as Derek Jeffries (decent left handed opener) and also with Mike Atherton’s brother as a youngster.

In 1998 me and some of my mates sat on the same Chai mat as Richard Gere after a full moon party in Goa, India. He was dressed all in White and cross legged staring at the rising sun - weird night all round

When I was a kid, my best friend's dad mended Stuart Hall's clocks and I once met Ilya Nastasi in a lift.
Funny you should mention Stuart Hall.

My best mate at school never spoke of his dad but Stuart was in various pictures in the house.

Wished I'd have asked him (the lad) about it now especially as he used to come to games with me in our teens, often wondered in later life what the connection was.

Haha just thought it read better that smashing backdoors in.

shee-goo-me.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.