Spurs’ new stadium

Chris Cowlin's videos are great but you can't really get any idea as to a stadium's readiness from shots of its exterior. The vast majority of the work that remained at the time of the announcement of the delay was cosmetic - mostly the "veil". And it was always expected that there would still be much to complete at the stadium for months after its opening.

Since the announcement of the delay, work on the project has been slowed dramatically. Very little overtime work where, before, crews were working through the night; and far fewer workers on site in general. Also, as a consequence of the delay, Spurs have brought forward some elements of the project that were scheduled for next summer (among them, properly landscaping around the stadium as opposed to the temporary measure of tarmac). I can only reiterate what I said weeks ago - that the club and Mace were wholly confident of opening for the Liverpool game on 15th September. This information comes from a number of very well placed sources both within Spurs and Mace. Having worked so hard for so long and spent so much on overtime to get the stadium ready in time, they were all totally crestfallen when the safety systems bombshell landed.

Spurs will undoubtedly have to manage their finances prudently over the coming years. But they always do anyway. The club's announcement the other day revealed net debt of some £360m and profits for the last financial year of £160m. Given that most of the big ticket items on this build will already be included in that net debt, it shouldn't rise too massively from this juncture. And if profits continue at even a third of last year's level, Spurs should find little difficulty in both servicing and paying off the debt over a respectable period.

I’m sorry but frankly that’s utter nonsense The seats weren’t in, the pitch wasn’t layed the area around the stadium was still a building site, there was no chance the stadium would be ready for the City game never mind the Liverpool one. Five cranes we’re still on site until recently. It’s an utter disgrace the way Spurs have treated the rest of the league and rival fans. If there were problems with safety systems so be it but ultimately there were plenty of other reasons that the stadium was not ready. Primarily it boils down to there being absolutely no chance that a project of that size could be completed in the time scale and Spurs and their contractor knew it. Not offering to pay compensation to the City fans is just plain wrong. Oh and probably dropped the overtime due to the costs spiralling out of control. Anyway Daniel hope you don’t enjoy the game this evening and in fact the rest of the season

I’m sorry but frankly that’s utter nonsense The seats weren’t in, the pitch wasn’t layed the area around the stadium was still a building site, there was no chance the stadium would be ready for the City game never mind the Liverpool one. Five cranes we’re still on site until recently. It’s an utter disgrace the way Spurs have treated the rest of the league and rival fans. If there were problems with safety systems so be it but ultimately there were plenty of other reasons that the stadium was not ready. Primarily it boils down to there being absolutely no chance that a project of that size could be completed in the time scale and Spurs and their contractor knew it. Not offering to pay compensation to the City fans is just plain wrong. Oh and probably dropped the overtime due to the costs spiralling out of control. Anyway Daniel hope you don’t enjoy the game this evening and in fact the rest of the season
This. But without I'm sorry.

He talks like a reporter putting a positive slant on a bad story.
Crestfallen my arse, their lottery numbers came up when the "safety issue" was found.

Anyone thinking Spurs are doing well need to get a headcheck.... They played only easy games and the ones that were difficult they have been shown up.
They were getting results up until now in the Premier League.......had they won they would have gone above us in the league. And they have played 6 games away and 4 at home. Everyone else bar Watford has played 5 home and away.

It's their Champions league results that has been a problem.

After all the fuss about the pitch, the bobble before Lamela struck it gave us 3 points. Thanks Levy

That pitch last night has to be the worse pitch in the PL for many a year.

Everybody knew it was not suitable for the standard of football required in our top division, but of cause TV money has the final say.

When are the authorities going to punish Spurs for their tardiness, they should never have been allowed to play at the national stadium and should have ground shared with Arsenal.

Anyway two fingers to Levy you tight arsed bugger.

I was more shocked that they couldn’t be arsed spraying the pitch Green and whiting the lines unless that’s what poch asked for. Doing That would of been a Minimal requirement for me and took a few hours at most! So glad we took the 3 points of them.

I was more shocked that they couldn’t be arsed spraying the pitch Green and whiting the lines unless that’s what poch asked for. Doing That would of been a Minimal requirement for me and took a few hours at most! So glad we took the 3 points of them.

That is a bloody good point, it got on my nerves & confused me but when you consider the money & standards involved it’s tge equivalent of one side playing in bibs & jumpers for goal posts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.