Spurs’ new stadium

it wouldn't surprise me if that clown Delli Ali was foreman for the site, how can anybody say a job to build a football stadium will be finished on so or so date, then change it to months later without knowing, and best of all get to use 2 stadiums in the premier league & the champions league when its against the rules, joke club and I hope we thrash these cockney scumbags again.

Rumoured on the radio yesterday that they won’t host a game at the new ground this year and could be late February before they do.

Rumoured on the radio yesterday that they won’t host a game at the new ground this year and could be late February before they do.

They won’t host one this season. I maintain that.

Today’s Times reporting both clubs have agreed to play at Wembley on Monday 29th and are awaiting Premier league approval.

This is now being blamed for Crossrail being delayed as it’s taking all required skills....apparently

Fair enough. But genuinely, I don't feel that I'm doing anything more than relating the facts. There are plenty of criticisms that can legitimately be levelled at Levy and Spurs but I completely fail to see in what way Spurs are a "fuck up of a club". Such extreme, all-encompassing criticism should be reserved for the likes of Leeds, Villa, Wolves (for many years), Sunderland, Newcastle and West Ham, surely?

And pre 2008 City!

All of which might be reasons why Spurs often seems to fall just short. But it's hardly mismanagement, surely? Even less so, evidence of a "fuck up of a club".

The only players Spurs have sold who they didn't want to sell over the past 15 years or so are Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale. Four players. Over a long period. And all back during a time when Spurs were nowhere near the level of the clubs who were buying from them. We're talking about clubs at the very top of the food chain - Man Utd (though less so now, obviously) and Real Madrid. There are barely more than two or three clubs in the world who can persuade their players to reject advances from those two. Thus keeping the aforementioned players and, importantly, keeping them happy would have been nigh on impossible. So, in each case, Levy did the next best thing by extracting maximum value.

As to Levy being a businessman first and a fan second, we had it the other way around with Irving Scholar back in the late 80's. And the club nearly went under. So long as Spurs' best interests and Levy's are equally served by the same strategy - and by and large during his stewardship of the club, they have been - then, in the absence of a superrich benefactor with a good plan, there's no one else I'd rather have steering the club.
So your billionaire owner living in the Cayman Islands isn't superrich then? Riiight.......

Last edited:
So your billionaire owner living in the Cayman Iskands isn't superrich then? Riiight.......

Try reading a little more carefully, mate. I very specifically and deliberately wrote "in the absence of a superrich benefactor". Joe Lewis might well be superrich. But he most certainly isn't a benefactor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.