Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane jumped into Otamendi leading with his elbow, Otamendi didn't flinch and the next minute Kane was falling on to the floor and bought a free kick. Ferny fell on top of Kane and led with his elbow on his head which was in retaliation to Kane making a back and taking his legs from under him mid air. Players have a duty of care to each other and in that instance Kane wasn't looking at the ball but at Ferny and as with the Otamendi challenge he was being very sly. A footballer isn't allowed to get his body between an incoming player and the ball if it mean fouling him which is what he did and he knew it. He went in late on Delph and I didn't say that he 'jumped in two footed, studs up, knee high' did I but Kane again knew what he was doing. Funny thing is thinking about it is that three times he tried to play the tough guy and three times it didn't pay off. Picked on the wrong players to mess with, maybe next time he should try it with Danilo and Walker and see what happens

As I said, City players were giving as good as they got all game.

Just watched the game now and I saw ali and kane throwing themselves all over the place trying to win free kicks and get City players carded.
Kane should have had a yellow for diving when him and ali went down in the box in the 15th min. (I think it was) and kane went down later on holding his face after a non event in which his face was untouched. And a special fuck you to their manager who was trying to blame Delph for kane injuring himself.

In this case I think we can take the moral high ground. How was Alli injured or do we call him Dele now?

With respect to last season’s game? Sure. But overall? No.

Alli injured his hand. No idea how.

As much as I want City to win, I'm not convinced that Otamendi is as brave and fearless, as some are trying to assert.
However, it did occur to me on Tuesday (and also the Wembley game), that Spurs are far more physical than they appear on TV, particularly with the diagonal long ball behind our left side of defence.
Delph and Laporte (plus Mendy at Wembley) all struggled with their physicality resulting in free kicks conceded from dangerous situations.

Eh? How was Kane a trying to “do” your players all game? He was a bit late into a challenge on Delph. What else? If he gave anything out, it was certainly no more than he received.
Eh... Watch the game next time instead of wanking furiously over your new floodlights.

I think people's issue is that the narrative of the game was that it was City and only City using rough tactics.

Yeah, there were one or two articles which tried to claim that Delph did Kane. Which is just silly. But most coverage I’ve seen or heard realised that it was actually a Kane foul on Delph.

I thought it was a pretty clean game for the most part. I wouldnt want it to be a non contact sport like basketball but thats the way some fans want it

Yep.

Have you ever been on Untold Arsenal? It’s worth it for the laughs. Tin foil hat wearers, the lot of them. Everything is a conspiracy against Arsenal. They would apparently have won the PL and CL every year since 1997 if it wasn’t for referees, the media, and other teams’ players understanding that football isn’t basketball.

Their motto - apparently a quote by Wenger - is something like “Football is an art”.

No it isn’t. It’s a game. And a bloody hard one. If you’re not up for the physical battle, you won’t win. Nor will you deserve to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.