Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Kane’s bad tackle was on Sterling. Both should have seen red.

But as I’ve been saying all along, City have players who do that kind of thing too. It’s not something that any of us can get on our high horses about.
Which players?
You’ve mentioned Aguero on Luiz from years ago so don’t come back with that one.

Yeah, there were one or two articles which tried to claim that Delph did Kane. Which is just silly. But most coverage I’ve seen or heard realised that it was actually a Kane foul on Delph.
I didnt think there was much in it. Kane runs to stop Delph launching it up the wing. Kane could have hit Delphs foot and been booked but came off worse. Not a big deal in the foul sense but Kane come off worse. But for some reason everyone is mad at Kane

Which players?
You’ve mentioned Aguero on Luiz from years ago so don’t come back with that one.
Are you saying physically your players are pussy? You have plenty of lads who can look after themselves and have done for years. This is not a negative thing but a positive thing. You wanna try rough up Aguero? Kompany? Walker? Otamendi? Fernandinho? Good luck with that. They will deal with that like bread and butter. Wanna try that with Silva and Bernard? Good luck getting close to them. Lets not act like players are made of ice. They can handle themselves in more ways than one. All this victim stuff should be saved for RAWK mate

Yep.

Have you ever been on Untold Arsenal? It’s worth it for the laughs. Tin foil hat wearers, the lot of them. Everything is a conspiracy against Arsenal. They would apparently have won the PL and CL every year since 1997 if it wasn’t for referees, the media, and other teams’ players understanding that football isn’t basketball.

Their motto - apparently a quote by Wenger - is something like “Football is an art”.

No it isn’t. It’s a game. And a bloody hard one. If you’re not up for the physical battle, you won’t win. Nor will you deserve to.

Ashley Cole pretty much said the same when he left they turned soft. When you go from Vieria, Petit, Adams, Keown, Bergkamp and Henry to players like Fabregas, Van Persie and Senderos. I think every top side has had that edge

Which players?

Aguero did Luiz twice, actually. Second time two seasons ago. He also elbowed Winston Reid.

Fernandinho has form too, including a two footed, jumping, scissor tackle on a Burnley player; and a nasty elbow / forearm smash on Albrighton.

Otamendi kicked Kane hard in the face with a ridiculously high challenge. Also, though for Argentina in the World Cup rather than for City, he whacked a ball after play had been stopped straight at Ivan Rakitic’s head from point blank range and followed through to kick him in the ribs too.

I’m really not sure why this is even up for debate. Spurs are no angels, certainly. I have no problem admitting it. It’s just puzzling that some of you can’t be equally honest about City. It’s not a big deal. As I said earlier, there hasn’t been a successful team that I can think of that wasn’t able to give at least as good as it got.

Are you saying physically your players are pussy? You have plenty of lads who can look after themselves and have done for years. This is not a negative thing but a positive thing. You wanna try rough up Aguero? Kompany? Walker? Otamendi? Fernandinho? Good luck with that. They will deal with that like bread and butter. Wanna try that with Silva and Bernard? Good luck getting close to them. Lets not act like players are made of ice. They can handle themselves in more ways than one. All this victim stuff should be saved for RAWK mate

Funny you should mention Liverpool

I’ve attended 1400 City games and never really experienced a problem.

However, I travelled to Anfield with Tottenham in 85/86 (the autumn after Heysel) and experienced the most frightening incident of my life.

John Chiedoze scored for Spurs in a 4-1 defeat.

2 City fans, 1 United fan, and my Tottenham-supporting-camp-hairdresser-mate called Jimmy Meadows (google the 1955 FA Cup Final and you’ll understand why we became mates).

But I digress.

We were attacked by about 50 scousers behind the Arkle pub, and I’m still convinced that it was our northern accents (thankfully Jim never opened his mouth) that saved us from being killed.

I still see the United fan on a regular basis and we often reminisce over that moment from hell.

Yep. Kane’s bad tackle was on Sterling. Both should have seen red.

But as I’ve been saying all along, City have players who do that kind of thing too. It’s not something that any of us can get on our high horses about.

The last City player I remember intentionally injuring an opponent was Ben Thatcher, when he elbowed Pedro Mendes, whereas there is no doubt in my mind that both Alli and Kane deliberately intended to hurt de Bruyne and Sterling respectively.

The last City player I remember intentionally injuring an opponent was Ben Thatcher, when he elbowed Pedro Mendes, whereas there is no doubt in my mind that both Alli and Kane deliberately intended to hurt de Bruyne and Sterling respectively.

Maybe no doubt in your mind as to their intentions but that’s a bit tenuous to say the least. Both bad fouls, certainly. And both players have a nasty streak in them - as most top players do.. But I couldn’t say that either player deliberately set out to injure de Bruyne or Sterling deliberately. Foul them, yes. Injure? Only Kane and Alli know the answer to that.

I remember that Thatcher assault. Awful. One of the worst challenges I’ve ever seen on a football pitch. Could have caused serious, permanent brain damage. Hard to believe that fucking George Graham brought him to Spurs. But, as I’ve already said, the likes of Aguero, Fernandinho and Otamendi have form too. Much more recent than Thatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.