Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jim, may i ask how you feel about Dele Alli as a player? I am not saying it because he is a spud etc i genuinely feel this. He seemed to be a bit out of position this world cup so i'll give him some leeway on that even but i feel he was desperately anonymous for to long this competition. When i saw him for spurs he was largely similar in performances. His stats are good so it seems to be if he is not scoring he may as well not be on the pitch.

What do you think of him, how will he develop in your opinion etc?

Again i am not just slamming him, i really just don't see the fuss with him in games i see, he is very very quiet. However he must have something about him.

Didn't have a great season for Spurs either, to be fair.

Thing about him is that he can often look ineffective and then suddenly do something brilliant that wins a game. That's why, I guess, Southgate found it hard to leave him out.

Didn't have a great season for Spurs either, to be fair.

Thing about him is that he can often look ineffective and then suddenly do something brilliant that wins a game. That's why, I guess, Southgate found it hard to leave him out.
Cheers, will be interesting to see how he does this coming season.

Spurs fans seem to be getting itchy feet over the complete lack of transfer activity.

It begs the question, if Pochettino wasn't promised a big transfer spend to sign his new contract, what exactly did they offer him?

They must be favourites to drop out of the top 4 now.

Spurs fans seem to be getting itchy feet over the complete lack of transfer activity.

It begs the question, if Pochettino wasn't promised a big transfer spend to sign his new contract, what exactly did they offer him?

They must be favourites to drop out of the top 4 now.

Every year they are favourite to drop out. They have the lowest turnover, smallest wage bill and have to buy players after the other 5 clubs have finished their business.

They offered him a clear and long term strategy to move the club from the 6th biggest in the country to be the 4th or 5th biggest. And he believed in it. Simple as that.

Every year they are favourite to drop out. They have the lowest turnover, smallest wage bill and have to buy players after the other 5 clubs have finished their business.

They offered him a clear and long term strategy to move the club from the 6th biggest in the country to be the 4th or 5th biggest. And he believed in it. Simple as that.

You will never be 4th or 5th biggest club in the country without competing for the league and winning trophies while paying their players properly.

I don't know why spurs fans are proud of their wage bill being so low, it's a joke that they've grown the turnover so much without giving any of the money to the players who got them there or new players to keep them there.

It was fortunate to have a good spell coinciding with a lot of other clubs going through upheaval. Now the rest are back on track Spurs are sliding further and further away from relevance and realising that leicester won their league title.

God help them if Emery does a decent job at Arsenal because their north London revolution will have lasted 2 years.

You will never be 4th or 5th biggest club in the country without competing for the league and winning trophies while paying their players properly.

I don't know why spurs fans are proud of their wage bill being so low, it's a joke that they've grown the turnover so much without giving any of the money to the players who got them there or new players to keep them there.

It was fortunate to have a good spell coinciding with a lot of other clubs going through upheaval. Now the rest are back on track Spurs are sliding further and further away from relevance and realising that leicester won their league title.

God help them if Emery does a decent job at Arsenal because their north London revolution will have lasted 2 years.

I can't speak for other Spurs fans, but I am happy that we have moved from a team that would struggle to stay out of a relegation battle, to a team that plays in the Champions League every now and again, has a shiny new stadium, excellent training facilities, has some very good players, plays pretty football, and has a clear identity.

A few years ago, Villa, Newcastle, Everton and even West Ham would normally finish above us. We have much to be grateful for in recent years. You say Sours are not relevant. Maybe not to City with their fabulous wealth but they are relevant to many clubs who see their model (originally Arsenal's model) as the way to grow a club.

As for getting closer to Liverpool and Chelsea, there is a plan, whether it is possible, I don't know, but Levy and Pochettino clearly believe in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.