Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Maybe there should be a margin for error that should be allowed, as there supposedly is in speed cameras. I don't see how var can actually measure offside to millimetre accuracy as they pretend.
So 1mm, 2mm, 3mm - measured from where? Obviously from the same lines as drawn now.

In the still image from last night, there was "daylight" between the lines...

I am still struggling to remember their one shot. Anyone care to tell me when it was? Surely it’s not when Ortega dived at the feet of someone.

I’m talking generally.. VAR should not be used for off sides where someone’s nipple is deemed to be offside as it’s not clear and obvious. I’d bin VAR personally as it’s not brought many if any but if it has to be used then not for marginal offside decisions
No clear and obvious on line calls. Its either on/off or over the line/not. If you muddy the waters here we all know which teams would benefit

Having said that the semi-automated offsides need to be brought in asap. Stop this 3 min wait for a decision!!

This all day
This was never a law (daylight), the Wenger Law which is being proposed currently is close tho. With below example (Sterling) being onside under these proposals.

However there would still be lines and decisions would still come down to millimetres either way

Attachments

• 11FC9508-926B-4932-B684-CC049A6262C8.jpeg
    11FC9508-926B-4932-B684-CC049A6262C8.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 79
What a fantastic away trip. Didn't get back in my house until 6am but worth every moment. Its the best stadium I've been to but the infrastructure around the ground is a shambles. Our coach was parked at the Tesco over a mile away , a lot of elderly City fans were struggling walking that far.
Atmosphere inside the ground was superb, City fans on top form. We was in 117 just under that Spurs section, over zealous stewarding nearly caused a riot at the start of 2nd half.
Great performance special mention to Kovacic and Ake both colossal

Maybe there should be a margin for error that should be allowed, as there supposedly is in speed cameras. I don't see how var can actually measure offside to millimetre accuracy as they pretend.
They can't half of the pics with lines an all that are not taken at the exact moment the ball leaves the passers foot so it's pointless and rife for manipulation...how did they really define that Bobb's foot was 3 mm further ahead at the exact moment the ball bounced off the keeper...rubbish..get rid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.