Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

What a fantastic away trip. Didn't get back in my house until 6am but worth every moment. Its the best stadium I've been to but the infrastructure around the ground is a shambles. Our coach was parked at the Tesco over a mile away , a lot of elderly City fans were struggling walking that far.
Atmosphere inside the ground was superb, City fans on top form. We was in 117 just under that Spurs section, over zealous stewarding nearly caused a riot at the start of 2nd half.
Great performance special mention to Kovacic and Ake both colossal
Ake is so underrated, top player

son-heung-min-tottenham-premier-league-2020-21_16a1aalztm8681xh865nme82oe.jpeg
to be fair we had a touch with Son playing. He is really one of the most consistent committed players in the prem. Top player ...would be hard not to find a space for him in Prem All Star team

to be fair we had a touch with Son playing. He is really one of the most consistent committed players in the prem. Top player ...would be hard not to find a space for him in Prem All Star team
I was gutted that when the camera was on Ake at the end of the game as he was walking towards our supporters, he didn't do that

No clear and obvious on line calls. Its either on/off or over the line/not. If you muddy the waters here we all know which teams would benefit

Having said that the semi-automated offsides need to be brought in asap. Stop this 3 min wait for a decision!!
Semi-automated offsides are like an independent regulator, certain clubs don't want it.

Linos were perfect good for over 100 years and the law is there to stop a player seeking an advantage by being in advance of their opponent, it was never designed to by judged as they are now Frankly to rule out perfectly good goals like the one last night is utter nonsense
The law was introduced to allow the ball to be passed forward primarily, then what you said.

Before offside it was more running with the ball in groups blocking defenders.

The VAR experience at Spurs was awful. We just didn’t know what was going on. Only once we saw the screen show the checking (Bobbs goal) and then we just didn’t really know what the fuck was happening.
State of the art stadium, screens bigger than a house but not even the stadium announcer doing much to aid.
At 35 mins in I went to get my lad some food and water during a stop in play. Went for a piss, got the food, back to my seat and they still weren’t playing.

Also the away fan experience was a bit shite there I thought. They’d apparently closed a load of food places. Only one open. Worst fish and chips I’ve had in years for £10.45 or a pork hot dog.

For a 8pm game you’d think they’d realise it’s tea time and shift a tonne of food.

They can't half of the pics with lines an all that are not taken at the exact moment the ball leaves the passers foot so it's pointless and rife for manipulation...how did they really define that Bobb's foot was 3 mm further ahead at the exact moment the ball bounced off the keeper...rubbish..get rid
I've just rewatched it. If you freeze it at the moment the pass is released, look at the 6 yard line. Bobb is ever so slightly, but clearly ahead of the last defender.

But I've a question... Some were saying the ball was spinning over the line, so if Bobb would've left it, the goal would've stood. BUT if he'd shielded the ball stopping the keeper from scooping it off the line, would that still have been offside for interfering with play?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.