Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Linos were perfect good for over 100 years and the law is there to stop a player seeking an advantage by being in advance of their opponent, it was never designed to by judged as they are now Frankly to rule out perfectly good goals like the one last night is utter nonsense
Cough cough

Attachments

• 00FC8B0B-123A-4B89-A510-08EC766D2482.jpeg
    00FC8B0B-123A-4B89-A510-08EC766D2482.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 154
Imagine being a Spurs fan and going through that every home game.
Just imagine being a spuds fan after that performance on and off the pitch.

FA Cup...World Champions...Home match under the lights...9000 City fans in town.

Shite,shite and shite all round.

Spuds fans learned a lot about City and our fans last night.

I've just rewatched it. If you freeze it at the moment the pass is released, look at the 6 yard line. Bobb is ever so slightly, but clearly ahead of the last defender.

But I've a question... Some were saying the ball was spinning over the line, so if Bobb would've left it, the goal would've stood. BUT if he'd shielded the ball stopping the keeper from scooping it off the line, would that still have been offside for interfering with play?
You know the answer to the last bit. Only if Bobb was mistaken to be St Marcus of Trafford

I've just rewatched it. If you freeze it at the moment the pass is released, look at the 6 yard line. Bobb is ever so slightly, but clearly ahead of the last defender.

But I've a question... Some were saying the ball was spinning over the line, so if Bobb would've left it, the goal would've stood. BUT if he'd shielded the ball stopping the keeper from scooping it off the line, would that still have been offside for interfering with play?
Yes.

(For City anyway)

Cough cough
That looks less than 3.3m between their shoulders.

Even so, with two players going in opposite directions at speed, it's a fifth of a second from 3.3m apart to level.

Given the AR is often crabbing (moving side to side) to stay in line with the second last defender, and has to watch that line and watch for when the ball is played, and compare a trailing foot on the ground with a shoulder leaning forward, it's remarkable how often they get these close decisions right.

Your local FA will gladly give you a chance to try it at park level.

I think it should be when the ball is played as long as a part of the body in-line with last man then it is onside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.