Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Thought we looked sharp until the Rodri pass, lost our way of playing the intensity has dropped we don't have a settled backline. And we have a striker who we don't know what to do with, Haaland is playing like he is in a counter attacking team and we're not setup for that.
We're not set up for anything...what the fuck are people watching? Its so obvious KDB, Foden, and Bernardo, among others, are fed up with Pep's bullshit. He's strayed so far from the norm that he's simply lost the trust of some very key players. Trying all these non sensical gimmicks and lineups IS NOT necessary to bed in a world class #9. Pep has let his ego get the best of him. He can't be happy managing a team with a simple, consistent gameplan that runs roughshod over everyone. He has to be the genious that made more from less. And the result is this fucking mess. We're chasing a team that trailing late had no where to turn. Arteta has done an unbelievable job with basically 11 fucking guys and Pep can't figure it out with 18 internationals. Man U and Newcastle are hanging around but neither is championship caliber right now. This is a fucking shambles and no manager is beyond a level of accountability, not Pep, not Ferguson, not Klopp, not Mancini, not Ancilotti, NO ONE. No man is bigger than the club, NO MAN! There's gratitude and appreciation and then there's those of you who literally shit all over yourselves at the thought that Pep might be coming to the end if his cycle here. That if he left we'd be doomed. I'm not saying Pep needs to move on yet, but I'm saying there are some major cracks appearing in his armor, and if he breaks, he needs to go, simple as that...

hate to say this but we are not better than the RAGS this year, lets be honest
When we battered them for six we looked light years ahead. Thats when we had our two most creative players Foden and De Bruyne firing on all cylinders. Now they are sat on the bench watching the side way passing show. Of course no one can blame Pep, that would be heresy.

How many times have we played well in the league this season? A thrashing of Forest and the rags, maybe the second half against Palace and Spurs and that's it. I genuinely go into every game now expecting a boring dour struggle and a draw or defeat. We are easy to play against even for sides we would have thrashed last season . The drop off in pace, control and attacking has been vast and appears to be declining further every game. Pep now has to really earn his money or if it continues our top four place is under threat, never mind winning a trophy.

Yep we ain’t been at our best we are second! Hoping to win the fa cup or champs league and finish top four

That’s me done with that ground for a while. Fuckin shithole area, nightmare to get to and from.. and the place has spooked pep into losing the plot every time with the inevitable shitshow occurring

SOME first teamers - bit of a mix, looked like a team who could take or leave winning an early cup match ...away...can't think why we should beat then n the league after that tbf
The way Rob Holding was snapping in to tackles and getting away with it they looked up for it

Arsenal fan here, not here to gloat afterall we lost as well. Just my 3rd party perspective but a lot of your players seem to simultaneously be off color. Typically, when that happens in modern football it is the manager that is fired. I still think you guys got a good shot because we are inexperienced and over reliant on Partey. That being said, i just like to ask since i am no expert on your clubs dealings if the season is disappointing would Pep be in serious danger? And if Pep goes who would you guys want?
Pep is not in any danger whatsoever. He will leave when he wants. It's just past halfway. We were 8 points behind the rags with 8 games to go.

I'll take that comment with the pinch of salt it deserves.

Performances matter. It's supposed to be the entertainment business but we're very stale, and have been long way from entertaining for some time.

We need a proper refresh, and as matters stand, I'd be happy to see Pochettino take over next season.

And I’ll take that comment with an even bigger pinch…. What’s Pochettino ever won of note?

He tried a 343 system when he was on his way out at Barca. Whatever he's trying at the moment stinks of that - being a bit too cute. Where the fuck is Dias?

Spurs have only one quick player - Son. They're a workmanlike side that crumbles when they go behind. Kane had no pace when he was young - but was/is clever in the box. He's now slower than he was three years ago but is a much better all-round player now. Our style is to pull the opposition out of shape by keeping the ball in certain areas of the pitch - passing sideways and back if necessary than switch play with a killer diagonal pass to the opposite flank where our wide player runs at the lopsided defence - that killer diagonal pass ain't coming at the moment - nor the alternative more direct ball over the top or through the gap to Erling. Erling must be well pissed off.
I’d say Haaland is seriously pissed off tonight and with good reason. Pep insists on keeping possession for the sake of it without any end product. It seems the only reason we bought Haaland is to stop any other team getting him.

That’s me done with that ground for a while. Fuckin shithole area, nightmare to get to and from.. and the place has spooked pep into losing the plot every time with the inevitable shitshow occurring
I went in the champions league and thought it was big but crap. Far too low down in the away end and the players need a rope ladder to take a corner as they got the survey wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.