Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I'm not buying this 'we've got no pace' argument. Walker - ultra quick with or without the ball. Stones - quick with or without the ball. Ake - surprisingly quick. Foden - quick with or without the ball. Grealish - quick with the ball at his feet. Alvarez - seriously quick with the ball at his feet. Haaland - Mbappe quick - I'd back Haaland in a 100 metre sprint with him.

Pep is not in any danger whatsoever. He will leave when he wants. It's just past halfway. We were 8 points behind the rags with 8 games to go.

Yeah I can’t see the club ownership letting him go i was just reading the thread. Not counting you guys out either as you correctly noted a lot to play for with two matches against us. Why do you think as a City there seems to be a number of guys having poor seasons at same time?

Arsenal fan here, not here to gloat afterall we lost as well. Just my 3rd party perspective but a lot of your players seem to simultaneously be off color. Typically, when that happens in modern football it is the manager that is fired. I still think you guys got a good shot because we are inexperienced and over reliant on Partey. That being said, i just like to ask since i am no expert on your clubs dealings if the season is disappointing would Pep be in serious danger? And if Pep goes who would you guys want?
Didn’t take long.

It’s actually a very familiar pattern and nowt to do with Pep. You can see this by looking at the trends of league winners over the last decade.

City 2012 - Miles off an average (by Utd standards) team. Mancini sacked.

United won it 2013 - next year disaster - Moyes sacked.

City 2014 - miles off Chelsea year after.

Chelsea 2015 - next season disaster - Jose sacked

Leicester 2016 - next season disaster - Ranieri sacked

Chelsea 2017 - crap season. conte sacked

City 2019 - Miles off Liverpool the year after. People blame Pep. Say some players are finished.

Liverpool 2020 - got 4th on the last day the year after after being near unbeatable the year before.

History is showing we’ve done amazing to win it back to back twice and our version of the league winning rebound is to be 2nd which doesn’t actually look too bad when you see the above outcomes.
I see what you are saying but each of those teams had reason to fail. What is ours? Accepting 2nd for me is a sign of complacency. We're not even injury ravaged....

I’d say Haaland is seriously pissed off tonight and with good reason. Pep insists on keeping possession for the sake of it without any end product. It seems the only reason we bought Haaland is to stop any other team getting him.
He won't be shy of letting his team mates know that.

Reactions: PPT
There's 18 teams in our league that wished they were as shit as us.
That's no reason to be complacent.

It seems to me that all is not as well as it should be at City. Cancelo may well have been the tip of the iceberg, and I suspect that Bernardo and Laporte are not far behind.

The rot may have already started. It certainly looked like it today. If you think it's going to sort itself out, you're going to be in for a long wait.

Any rebuild should be led by the Board. If we don't win the CL this year (spoiler alert... we won't), Pep will have failed his prime objective.

Other than acting out of desperation, I can't see why the Board would want to have Pep lead a rebuild next season, knowing that he will almost certainly be leaving within a year or so.

If there is to be a rebuild, a new coach should be given responsibility from day one.

He has delievered us the most success I've ever seen.

I think this season is largly down to piss poor recruitment and right now because of Pep's tinkering.

However I wouldn't want him gone at all.

Why do you want him out so much when we're 2nd in the league?

Yeah I can’t see the club ownership letting him go i was just reading the thread. Not counting you guys out either as you correctly noted a lot to play for with two matches against us. Why do you think as a City there seems to be a number of guys having poor seasons at same time?
Just the flow of energy. After 4 out of 5 titles and changes in personnel it was probably predictable. We aren't going away any time soon whoever wins the league this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.